Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

tower limits

kent

anyone know what the limit is for pulling someone from the tower. I have a friend that is 310lbs that wants to surf, hes buying a board this week. Im kinda worried about pulling him from the tower. But last weekend I pulled from the ski pylon and it was quite a bit harder to get up. what do you guys think ?

anyone know what the limit is for pulling someone from the tower. I have a friend that is 310lbs that wants to surf, hes buying a board this week. Im kinda worried about pulling him from the tower. But last weekend I pulled from the ski pylon and it was quite a bit harder to get up. what do you guys think ?

pylon

Use the pylon for safety reasons alone. Nobody wants a handle in the face or back of the head.

Use the pylon for safety reasons alone. Nobody wants a handle in the face or back of the head.

I can vouch for that!

I dont think ive had that issue with anyone surfing, last weekend I did have a larger rider break a worn wakeboard rope and it slapped me in the back and side of my face leaving nice whip like marks. The next day my family was asking if my gf cracked the whip on me.. haha.

Let the big man surf Thumbup.gif

one of my best buddies is 6'4" 385 and I pull him up with the tower and a ronix surf rope, no issues!! My brother is 300# and i have no problems with him when pulling from the tower.

Shouldn't be a issue weight wise towing from the tower, but i would still use the ski pylon.

The big no-no from the tower is inner-tubers.

-Paul

i would guess that a very strong/aggressive 200 lbs. wakeboarder could exert much more force on a tower than a 300 lbs. surfer.... Whistling.gif

How about people sitting on top of your tower? My boat has a Skylon Swoop tower and when we're just hanging out people always seem to want to climb up on it and sit up there. Better view, I guess. I've had two 200+ lbs guys up there before and when a third began trying to climb up I stopped him. Got me to wondering if there's any sort of rating for weight support?