Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wakeboarding Speeds and Rope Length

sabes35

What do you guys usually ride at as far as speed and rope length, I've been trying out different rope lengths 65, 70, 75 and 80 with different speeds but can't seem to find what I like riding at best. I know they say every boat is different, but at least we all have Bu's and many of us have VLX or VTX's which should be similar.

At 65, I like to ride at 22.4, but thinking I may want to speed up for more pop.

I ride anywhere from 65' to 77.5' and 22.4 mph to 25 mp ...depends on boat. On my boat I will ride 75'-77.5' and 22.4-22.8 mph depends on me and water conditions.

I ride the longest rope length that I can easily go w2w heelside.

If I am trying something new then I slow boat down a little and shorten the line to 65 or 70.

Edited by johnsvt