Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

How to shape the perfect wake for wake surfing?

Jones03VLX

I just went out and bought a wakesurfer but cannot figure out how to get the perfect wake behind the boat. I tried filling my back left ballast, center ballast, and put a fat sac ballast in the back left compartment. With all of that, the wake looks nice, but it doesn't have enough force to keep me moving without holding onto the rope. I've been behind other malibus that have had monstrous wakes so I know my boat can do it... just not sure what the trick is... any help??

speed.... I could not go 10-11 mph and the wake keep me going. I found that 9.2 was the best speed with my boat. I love the never ending wave. You just have to get behind the boat and let the driver adjust the speed untill you find the one that works. Also remember that the speedometer is not always correct.

I have learned that my own technique matters a lot.......I ride with more weight forward on the board probably because I am 215. If I ride with my weight to far back I get no push from the wake.

Having enough weight in the right spot and getting the speed dialed is all important. Still getting mine right also.