Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Power Wedge Upgrade

SC Fam

Guys, I'm not certain what Malibu is calling this, but my dealer did a software/firmware upgrade to my power wedge computer in my 2008 Wakesetter VLX. Now, it is smarter...it puts the wedge into full down position when I back off the throttle (rider down). It stays there until I get back up to towing speed set by the cruise control. This allows me to get up to speed faster (or up to speed at all in some cases). It is sort of like Supra's smart plate or whatever. Anyway, this makes a massive difference out on the water. My dealer did for free, but even if it costs a coupla bucks, you guys with 2008s oughta be looking into this. It is so much better than before.

Guys, I'm not certain what Malibu is calling this, but my dealer did a software/firmware upgrade to my power wedge computer in my 2008 Wakesetter VLX. Now, it is smarter...it puts the wedge into full down position when I back off the throttle (rider down). It stays there until I get back up to towing speed set by the cruise control. This allows me to get up to speed faster (or up to speed at all in some cases). It is sort of like Supra's smart plate or whatever. Anyway, this makes a massive difference out on the water. My dealer did for free, but even if it costs a coupla bucks, you guys with 2008s oughta be looking into this. It is so much better than before.

Another one.... hot dang I wish we could get to the bottom of this... From the last thread, I thought it was that they accidentally installed the '09 software.

They call it Auto Wedge. Standard for '09, upgradable on the '08s through software.

Ah, so.....Auto Wedge....that even makes some sense. Thanks. Recommend. Only used 3 days so far, but working flawlessly for now.

Another one.... hot dang I wish we could get to the bottom of this... From the last thread, I thought it was that they accidentally installed the '09 software.

My pal got his 23 WS LSV done. My salesman from last year told the dealer to do mine while he was at it or there would be civil war involved...nice to have after-the-sale follow-up from your salesman like that. Love those guys....

It does make a huge difference. The '09 VLX that I demoed last summer came up on plane so much better/easier/faster with Auto Wedge enabled vs. trying to plane out without it & the wedge back at all. Really a good idea by whoever it was that came up with it, & IMO a big reason to look at an '08 or '09 over an earlier year (if it's in the budget that is).

Any way to retrofit this auto-wedge feature on a 2006 by the addition of new hardware or systems???

Edited by rustie
Any way to retrofit this auto-wedge feature on a 2006 by the addition of new hardware or systems???

In '08 they changed to the MUX switches and completely different wiring harness, so technically it's possible but very expensive and tremendous amount of work. Malibu wouldn't change it.

In '08 they changed to the MUX switches and completely different wiring harness, so technically it's possible but very expensive and tremendous amount of work. Malibu wouldn't change it.

So does that mean that all Make-it-right 08's should have the auto wedge? I thought it was only available if you got the Maliview upgrade

I thought that it was any '08 that had MUX (read, no Ride boats).

Yep.

So every 08 that had the make it right will have the auto wedge...?

I don't want to say every '08 boat because that would indicate the Ride series. The other part to that is that it may not be something that would necessarily get done on every single boat through Make It Right, but it is most definitely available to you for your boat. If you haven't gone through Make It Right, then it may be good information for when you do.

I don't want to say every '08 boat because that would indicate the Ride series. The other part to that is that it may not be something that would necessarily get done on every single boat through Make It Right, but it is most definitely available to you for your boat. If you haven't gone through Make It Right, then it may be good information for when you do.

Make it right was done back in april. Now I'm super stoked to get on the water...

Make it right was done back in april. Now I'm super stoked to get on the water...

Ah I see. You've been iced in & haven't had it out to know whether or not you've been upgraded. You'll have to keep us posted on that. :)

Ah I see. You've been iced in & haven't had it out to know whether or not you've been upgraded. You'll have to keep us posted on that. :)

It's a combination of not having time until June, water not being warm enough and just plain ol sharing the anchor with other family. I will post as soon as I know - from my phone

It's a combination of not having time until June, water not being warm enough and just plain ol sharing the anchor with other family. I will post as soon as I know - from my phone

Can someone point me to a thread that explains the "08 Make it right"? I have an 08 WS 23 LSV so I don't want to miss out on anything...Thanks.

Just sent my sale guys an email since I'm taking the boat in for it's break-in service the week....hopefully they'll hook me up with the upgrade.

Does anyone know if you have had your Make it Right visit how do you know if you now have the Auto Wedge or not?

had the so called "make it right" done but no auto wedge since. the tech said he could not install it. this was in april.

waiting for a call back from the dealer right now.

Does anyone know if you have had your Make it Right visit how do you know if you now have the Auto Wedge or not?

had the so called "make it right" done but no auto wedge since. the tech said he could not install it. this was in april.

waiting for a call back from the dealer right now.

So why have some people received it and some haven't

That's why I'm not so sure about it being implemented as part of that program. That program may be dependent on what each specific boat needs to "Make it Right" in terms of programming. If one boat is running great on its stock programming, then maybe they decide that if it aint broke, they're not going to fix it 'til it is. Does that make sense? We know that it's available for the '08 models though, so it may be that it's something that you'll need to specifically ask for to be sure that you get it.