Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Gauge Computer for 2002 Response Barefooter

Gary Pelletier

Looking for a replacement for my gauge computer for my 2002 Response Barefooter. All gauges and the center LCD are intermittently going dead, then resetting. Doesn't seem to be connection related, everything has been replugged and is tight - it happens if I am at the dock or underway at speed. Checked Bakes, and the local dealer, they don't have the specific part number - 7016-00002-2 available. This is the same as the MMDC 02-04 computer, but has the manual pitot speedo pickups and not the paddle wheel. I have a call in directly to Kysor Medallion, but no luck. Anyone?

Great forum - thanks all!

i have a mmdc available out of a 2003 VLX works 100%. i changed to a 2005 style engine that required the 2005 mmdc computer. i'm looking to get $200 for it. you can get it from your dealer for 400, so thats a pretty good price

Any reason you don't think it's one of the following?

- Kill switch

- circuit breaker connection

- bad ground on the mdc

Peter

Don't think it's that because when it when it started failing, after I fired the boat up, the LCD would display "Response Engine" for couple minutes (the other gauges worked), then would finally display the engine stats, (usually, it immediately gave me all the engine stats). Then the additional symptom of the entire guages going dead and resetting started. Spoke with the local dealer and a knowlegeable mechanic and both pointed to the computer. Apparently there is a different computer in my boat for some reason and trying to get a replacement has been a royal effort.