Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Heater return

I see that most are using the famed Y fitting which I don't have. Where/how do I return to the engine from the heater? Can I use any block port or does it have to hit a raw water source for circulation? Fittings with the kit won't fit any raw water lines but would fit at 90 at the start of exhaust manifold. Let me know. Thanks gang!

Dave

There should be a plug on the top or side of your engine's water pump that you can use. You will still need to buy a fitting. And you won't get much heat at idle speeds.

There should be a plug on the top or side of your engine's water pump that you can use. You will still need to buy a fitting. And you won't get much heat at idle speeds.

Found two plugs on top of block above belt, they sit just at the stern of the flame arrestor. One has a sensor and the other I had to remove the FA to access it. Is this the one?? and for hot water , do I use the exhaust plug( have 2 knock sensors ). I have searched every site I can find, but directions are vague...I would like to do this once. I am sure I will laugh when I am done, looking back at all of the worry and stress. Thanks Bill.

Dave

This is on the intake manifold, rear of the boat, which is the front of the engine.

Heater5.jpg

And this is on the water pump. Rear of the boat, by the transom wall. See the main pulley. I've also seen this plug on the top of the water pump.

Heater6.jpg

Heres the fittings:

Heater4.jpg

If this isn't answering your question, maybe take a cell phone pic of what your seeing & either post it here (you will have to put it on a site like Photobucket.com & then post the link here) or send it to me directly: bill(at)airjunky(dot)com

This is on the intake manifold, rear of the boat, which is the front of the engine.

Heater5.jpg

And this is on the water pump. Rear of the boat, by the transom wall. See the main pulley. I've also seen this plug on the top of the water pump.

Heater6.jpg

Heres the fittings:

Heater4.jpg

If this isn't answering your question, maybe take a cell phone pic of what your seeing & either post it here (you will have to put it on a site like Photobucket.com & then post the link here) or send it to me directly: bill(at)airjunky(dot)com

Duhhhh...lots of looking but not enough seeing. I wonder where my kids get it from. Whistling.gif Got it now Bill, thanks a ton.

Dave

Success! Hooked up to fake a lake, and no leaks found. I could not get any pressure from the shower....I am assuming it is from the lack of water flow from fake a lake. Heater didn't blow warm at temperature, but I will be lake testing at the end of the week. Thanks Bill for the coaching.

dave