Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Neutral positioning sensor

We have an 02 bu 23' LSV. Having an issue with it not turning over ...out of the blue. Batteries fully charged, connections all clean and tight, panel and all electronics are live, but engine won't turn. Was told by local bu dealer that the neutral positioning sensor might be bad or dirty. On my tranny there are two electrical plugs coming out of it; one has a a two prong plug and one has a two screws. Any one know which I need to pull to check?

We have an 02 bu 23' LSV. Having an issue with it not turning over ...out of the blue. Batteries fully charged, connections all clean and tight, panel and all electronics are live, but engine won't turn. Was told by local bu dealer that the neutral positioning sensor might be bad or dirty. On my tranny there are two electrical plugs coming out of it; one has a a two prong plug and one has a two screws. Any one know which I need to pull to check?

It is usually mounted on the side of the transmission and it should be the one with the two screws. The other sesor with the two prongs should be your tranny temp sensor, you should be abl to confirm which one is which by the following.

The neautral safety switch has both wires feeding back to the engine wire harenss. The temp sensor has one wire grounded and the other feed back to harness as well. The neautral sensor should be the one with the two screws.

You should be able to confirm this by disconnecting the wires on the two prong plug, if your alarm sounds, then it is the temp sensor.

I think you can also jump the terminals on the saftely switch and it should fire right up.

I beleive this is the same on most of the engines, can anyone confirm. Not sure about the newer models.

Edited by Ramman17