Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Computron Speedo

Hi all, I'm brand new here. I picked up a 93 Echelon last year from a friend of mine for $8000. It only had 144 hours on it when I got it. It's in beatufiul condition. I absolutely love the boat. I had a new 97 Response LX growing up, and loved that one too - we put >300 hours on it per year (luckily my parents were still paying for gas then).

Anyways, amazing as it may be, my computron still works! It does freak out occasionally, and starts scrolling through all the features randomly, and the depth finder isn't working anymore, but I think I might have killed that when I spilled some oil while changing the oil filter this spring, becauase it worked last year.

I hope this is the right forum for this question.

My question is, how does the speedo work on the computron? I've had both analog speedo's die from getting weeds caught in them, yet the computron still works. It also seems to be more accurate than the analog speedo's. It can't be GPS, and it doesn't appear to be from the other speedo pickups. I've scowered the internet and can't find an answer to this question, so I'm hoping someone here can help.

Thanks!

I believe it does connect to the regular speedo. If you look at the computron unit under the dash I,m sure you will see a hose going into it.

A friend has a '93 Echelon with the Computron and the speedo unit within the Computron appears to take the speed reading from one of the speedo pickup tubes. My '94 does not have the display unit, but does have all the other components for the Computron. Not only does the Computron speedo match one of the speedo's but so does the 9 led light bar on top. You can tell that by watching the speedo lose speed if you get some weeds in the pickup that is connected to both units, they will drop together. The "calibration" knob for each is separate. You can also program the start up menu to have it say what you want, like your name. What lake will you use the boat on?

A friend has a '93 Echelon with the Computron and the speedo unit within the Computron appears to take the speed reading from one of the speedo pickup tubes. My '94 does not have the display unit, but does have all the other components for the Computron. Not only does the Computron speedo match one of the speedo's but so does the 9 led light bar on top. You can tell that by watching the speedo lose speed if you get some weeds in the pickup that is connected to both units, they will drop together. The "calibration" knob for each is separate. You can also program the start up menu to have it say what you want, like your name. What lake will you use the boat on?

Where can I get info on the computron??? Mine still works fine but says water temp line shorted and depth finder inop.

Where can I get info on the computron??? Mine still works fine but says water temp line shorted and depth finder inop.

I have the manual, PDF format. PM me your email and I can send it to you. Tried loading it just now, file too large.

I have the manual, PDF format. PM me your email and I can send it to you. Tried loading it just now, file too large.

Pm sent Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thumbup.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the replies. Sorry it took me so long to respond, I was on a test trip out west for two weeks and didn't have internet access. Anyways, I could have sworn that I had both analog speedo's die and the computron still worked, but I'll have to double check.

Woodski, I live on Dixie Lake in Clarkston. I noticed by your profile you have a GM company car, so I assume you're in this area as well. I work at the Milford Proving Grounds.

Yesterday I noticed the starboard speedo wasn't working. The port was. I toggled to the speed function on the computron and it was at zero. Later cleaned the pitot, the starboard came back up and the computron one was up also.

So, at least on my boat, it's linked to the pitot on the starboard side.

I would greatly appreciate if you could share the Computron user manual with me. I just bought a Echelon 95 and do not know how to use it.

Thanks

I would love to get the pdf Format of the manuel for the 93 echelon, can you please email it to me at:

[email protected]

Thanks!

Clap.gif