Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Water leak in heater

I have a 03 Wakesetter with a Heatercore 200H that was leaking. I remove both houses and use a 5/8 copper coupling put them together an tightened the hose clamp. Everything is high and dry and seems to be operating properly. Anyone see a problem with my repair?

Thanks Ron

No problem with your repair. Previous owner of my bu had effectively done the same as an emergency repair using a long socket from his toolset !

It's fine, my boat actually came that way because the previous owner didn't winterize it and it froze. I put it back together like a smart guy and...hey, where's all this water coming from? Had to replace the core!

• 1 month later...
Yep, just did this repair on a neighbor's Vride. We rode behind it a couple days before he made it to Napa for a new core. $19 core & it was in stock.

Do you know the part number or did he just take it in and have it matched up?

The other option if you can't find a replacement locally would be to take the existing core to a radiator shop. They can pressure test it & if the leak isn't terrible, often times they can repair it for a very reasonable cost.