Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Manual wedge Q

wake2wake0525

Been wakeboarding for a while now on friends boats which were all older boats and just recently finally purchased my own which is a 2005 25 LSV and it has a manual wedge but I'm still new to boating and unsure how to use it. It looks like it only has one position with the pins in, or if you hold the pins in and pull up it can swivel up and down but I don't even know what to do with this thing. Does it only have the one locked in position or is it supposed to be used while it floats freely? or just forget about it all together and just find a good combo of the 2 rear ballast and 1 mid ballast? Any advice would be appreciated.

Been wakeboarding for a while now on friends boats which were all older boats and just recently finally purchased my own which is a 2005 25 LSV and it has a manual wedge but I'm still new to boating and unsure how to use it. It looks like it only has one position with the pins in, or if you hold the pins in and pull up it can swivel up and down but I don't even know what to do with this thing. Does it only have the one locked in position or is it supposed to be used while it floats freely? or just forget about it all together and just find a good combo of the 2 rear ballast and 1 mid ballast? Any advice would be appreciated.

You can use the wedge (locked in the down position) in any combination with ballast. Wedge down and no ballast, good wake for beginners, or wedge down and full ballast for the largest possible wake for wakeboarding your boat will produce. Wedge up for cruising and skiing. You will notice that the boat steering will be much stiffer in the turns with the wedge down. This is normal. Double check your bolts on the wedge to make sure they are secure.

Edit: I suppose you could just use the ballast and no wedge for boarding if you wanted, but why?

Edited by Sunsetter95

You do not want it to float freely, there is a locked down position, and a locked up position. The newer manual wedges are free floating, but yours is not one of those. Load all ballast and lock the wedge down, then get yourself about 85 feet of rope, a good pull into the wake and you will launch like never before! Thumbup.gif

Note: I am practicing to get into the department of redundancy department!

Edited by TheBlackPearl

Thanks for all the great info...I got out there and messed around with it and got it set up pretty good with some ballast and I'll play around with therope length too,thanks again.