Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

"99" responce rudder

Any stories you'd care to share as to why it needs replacement?

I'm with ya. There's got to be a good story as to what happened. Dontknow.gif And we love stories on this site! Thumbup.gif

That's a good price at 475. Retail is 568.

Benefits to a Malibu rudder

- this will be the new version with adjustable trim tab for steering torque.

- guaranteed to bolt in and go.

Peter

If you need just the housing (the part actually bolted to the boat) PM me, I have a few of them laying around.

-Chris

Chris, you realize those are sold as a matched set, right?

No way they "match" these things up at the factory. Standard o-ring grooves with standard o-ring tolerances on a easy to control press in shaft. If they can't make interchangeable parts they why do it at all.

I've always replaced the o-rings but never the housing, never had a leak.

-Chris

No way they "match" these things up at the factory. Standard o-ring grooves with standard o-ring tolerances on a easy to control press in shaft. If they can't make interchangeable parts they why do it at all.

I've always replaced the o-rings but never the housing, never had a leak.

-Chris

Just what they tell me. Delivered to Malibu as a set and sold as as set. Just going by their words....

Peter