Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Replacing Heater blower switch

lroadrunner4me

I'm replacing the heater blower switch on mydash of my 05 VLX . I need to know how and where the wires connect to to the switch. Anybody know which wires go where ? Any help or a diagram would be appreciated

I'm replacing the heater blower switch on mydash of my 05 VLX . I need to know how and where the wires connect to to the switch. Anybody know which wires go where ? Any help or a diagram would be appreciated

Check out this post.

Thanks for the input ..... I put the wires onto the switch the way it was described and the light on the hi side of the switch illuminated. Even though the position was not engaged. The lo side worked but the light on the hi side would stay on when in the off ( middle ) position . So I moved the wires down on the # 3 side which was blank leaving the # 1 blank and the switch worked in the hi position and the light went off but the lo position did not work. At least I'm making progress. :unsure:

Do your wire colors match onamision's post?

The hi light lit with switch in middle position indicates your +12v was going to terminal 6 (one of the bottom terminals & 3 was blank, so 6 it is).

Based on my understanding of the switch & the last post in the linked thread, you should only need to use one side of the switch. All the blue wire is doing is linking the 2 sides of the switch to the hot wire.

Put +12v (orange w/green tracer) to #5 (2nd from bottom on column of 4)

Put solid red wire on #4 (3rd from bottom on column of 4)

Put solid orange wire on #6 (bottom of column of 4)

Put blacks on #7 (top of column of 4)

If you want to verify wires - touch orange w/green tracer to red, then solid orange & see verify blower wires.

Orange should be hi, red should be low.

To verify switch, leave blacks hooded up, touch orange w/green to #4 or #1 (third from bottom) - bottom light should light

then touch it to #6 or #3 (bottom posts) & top light should light.

Good luck & let us know how it goes...

The hi light lit with switch in middle position indicates your +12v was going to terminal 6 (one of the bottom terminals & 3 was blank, so 6 it is).

Based on my understanding of the switch & the last post in the linked thread, you should only need to use one side of the switch. All the blue wire is doing is linking the 2 sides of the switch to the hot wire.

If you want to verify wires - touch orange w/green tracer to red, then solid orange & see verify blower wires.

To verify switch, leave blacks hooded up, touch orange w/green to #4 or #1 (third from bottom) - bottom light should light

For the most part the wire colors did match. There was no blue jumper wire #5 to #2 but the color did not matter just that I connected it to the right terminal. I will try to do it the way you just described right after the Laker Game. I will post the results right after.

wienrdog: You were correct in that only one side of the switch needed to be used to get the heater to come on and off in the lo & hi position. But the only issue from there was the lights on the switch would not illuminate. So that leaves me to believe that was what the jumper wire was for.

I jumped the two sides of the switch from the bottom orange post # 6 over to the middle on the othe side and bam! Sure enough... we have a winner. Clap.gif

Appreciate the input from everybody ... and as always " Big thumbs up "

Edited by lroadrunner4me

Glad it worked... I'm surprised that jumpering the orange wire from the heater to the #2 post worked.

My first thought would have been to jumper the orange/green wire from #5 to #2.

Glad it you got it working...