Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Soon to be: 2004 23 LSV owner

Intense

Hey all,

I'm looking for some recommendations on modifying the factory ballast system with two goals in mind.

1) Eliminate (or minimize) use of the Wedge. Yes, I know that's what makes a Malibu unique, but I'd like the option to not ride such a peaky wave

2) Replace all the lead shots in the bow to reduce dead weight in the boat.

Currently the boat has the factory MLS system with the hard tanks in the rear. My plan is to replace the tanks with ballast sacs. My questions are:

-Which sacs are people opting for? The 750 seems dimensionally too large for my locker

-Are people changing the pump(s) for faster fill/drain times?

-In the bow, which sac fit in an 04? So far, I've only found a couple options, both from Fly High. The integrated bow sac and the open bow sac.

-When installing the bow sac, where are you drilling the thru-hull? how are you plumbing in the tubing? etc.

thanks!

mike

Hijack: Have you bought the boat yet? Sitting down and putting mine up for sale today. Has all the sweet mods already, look for my FS post shortly.

Hey all,

I'm looking for some recommendations on modifying the factory ballast system with two goals in mind.

1) Eliminate (or minimize) use of the Wedge. Yes, I know that's what makes a Malibu unique, but I'd like the option to not ride such a peaky wave

Currently the boat has the factory MLS system with the hard tanks in the rear. My plan is to replace the tanks with ballast sacs. My questions are:

-Which sacs are people opting for? The 750 seems dimensionally too large for my locker

-In the bow, which sac fit in an 04? So far, I've only found a couple options, both from Fly High. The integrated bow sac and the open bow sac.

-When installing the bow sac, where are you drilling the thru-hull? how are you plumbing in the tubing? etc.

thanks!

mike

Actually, I'm buying my friends boat. Getting a pretty good deal on a fully loaded 04 + trailer + lift. It just so happens to be Gerry Nunn's factory boat in 04. My friends bought it from him when he got his 05.

Hijack: Have you bought the boat yet? Sitting down and putting mine up for sale today. Has all the sweet mods already, look for my FS post shortly.
Hey all,

thanks!

mike