Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2004 Wakesetter VLX purchase?

AllianceBJJ

So I am going to look at a 04 Wakesetter with 233 hours this weekend....They are asking $29,900....It seems like a pretty well equipped boat....NADA valued it at $32K....Do these prices seem in line with what you would expect? With the state of the economy, I am sure I can negotiate a bit....Are there any special things to look for on this year and model to indicate problems?

Also considering looking at a 2001 MC Xstar w/397 hours...Initial price is the same as the Bu......

Any boat you look at try and get some maintenance records to prove it's been serviced properly and make sure you water test them :)

Oh yeah, welcome :)

Sounds like a good price.

check steering cable to make sure it turns freely. Not a problem to replace but needs looking at. Look at every thing and make sure to see what kind of condition all the fluids are in.

What part of the country do you live in?

We are in TX.....Is it normal/expected for the dealer to take you out/test ride used boats?

We are in TX.....Is it normal/expected for the dealer to take you out/test ride used boats?

Yes. A good dealer will be patient and take you out as much as you want to help figure out what is the right boat for you , and let you surf, wakeboard, waterski behind the boat. (Not sure about tubing though ROFL.gif )

Yes. A good dealer will be patient and take you out as much as you want to help figure out what is the right boat for you , and let you surf, wakeboard, waterski behind the boat. (Not sure about tubing though ROFL.gif )

Guess I'll find out how good and patient they are on Saturday.......

As long as you come across as a serious buyer and not a tire kicker, they should be willing to help. That's just part of being in the sales business. If they don't, then I would not want to deal with them anyway.

As far as price, sounds pretty good to me.

My guess is that Waterski America will take very good care of you. Best dealership

in the state (and not even my dealer!).

Let us know how it went.

Well the dealer called me late Friday and told me someone had put a deposit down and was coming to pick it up Saturday....So much for that plan for now eh?

We looked at a 2003 Air Nautique on Sat....Was listed for $39K (bit high from what I saw)...Made an offer of $30K...The someone else test drove and offered $33.5K and put a deposit down while we were waiting for an answer, owner was busy in the morning and didn't call back with counter right away....Kinda crappy luck this weekend....

The market must be pretty good for sellers in your area, one of my main boat crew buddies bought a nice 03 super-air TE for around $37k in 2006 !

The market must be pretty good for sellers in your area, one of my main boat crew buddies bought a nice 03 super-air TE for around $37k in 2006 !

Well Dallas has not been as economically hurt quite as much as other parts of the country, lots of people with more money than sense, but it's still not great either...Not really sure why it seems like such a hot market right now....

If you liked the '04 VLX, you should look at a 08 Vride! The boat has the same hull and I have seen lots of NEW 2008's left for around the 40K mark

Well Dallas has not been as economically hurt quite as much as other parts of the country, lots of people with more money than sense, but it's still not great either...Not really sure why it seems like such a hot market right now....

It's the beginning of summer, things always pick up this time of year. If you're willing to look out of state, there are a lot of areas west of the Rockies that are really depressed & saturated with boats for sale. Just a thought.

Well the Bu deal may not be TOTALLY "dead in the water" yet....Dealer is still waiting for payment, there may still be a small chance......Also, looks like seller of Nautique may be backing out of selling his boat all together (from talking to a few people who know the guy, sounds to me like he thinks it's worth more than it really is and is kinda flaky)....

A friend of mine has a 210 and the boat is so small in comparison to an 04 VLX. The wake on a 210 is very love or hate if you haven't been behind one.