Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2009 VLX Surfing Pics

spencer

We have been surfing behind an 09 VLX in Portland. I am so impressed with the wake behind this boat. Besides the Inland Surfer Enzo this is the best wake I have wakesurfed on. We are only using one 750lbs. Fat Sac in the locker and have 4 people in the boat. Simply amazing. The wakeboard wake is amazing as well. Pictures to come.

2009 VLX WakeSurf Pics

Who wants to surf on the other side? Malibu's are designed for right side surfing. I believe the right side is the correct side, but next time we go out I will take a pic.

Who wants to surf on the other side? Malibu's are designed for right side surfing. I believe the right side is the correct side, but next time we go out I will take a pic.

ROFL.gifROFL.gifROFL.gif

Can we get this on the short list for TMC quotes of the year.....

Plus1.gif

According to this poll from this site, the reg side is the dark side!! Thumbup.gif

http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index....080&hl=poll

Edited by txwakejunkie

Plus1.gif

According to this poll from this site, the reg side is the dark side!! Thumbup.gif

So you got maybe a little over 50% that rode goofy out of 24 replies. What are the numbers from the poll, it doesn't show that.

They call if goofy for a reason.

Plus1.gif

So you got maybe a little over 50% that rode goofy out of 24 replies. What are the numbers from the poll, it doesn't show that.

out of a 123 votes the goofy side has 49.59%, reg has 43.09%, both sides has 5.69%, and what ever the boat is set up has 1.63%

Plus1.gif

123 replies. 43% regular, 49% goofy.

The term Goofy comes from an old Disney movie (cannot remember the year) where Goofy is surfing with right foot forward, hence the term "Goofy".

Plus1.gif

123 replies. 43% regular, 49% goofy.

Amazing I only know 1 person that rides goofy and he gets no love on our boats since he's the odd man out. Where are all the goofy riders at. I wish I could ride goofy, it would make getting a good wave easier. Maybe I should start practicing.

It was from the movie "Hawaiian Holiday" from 1937.

If I'm ever on Who Wants To Be A Millionaire and have a disney question I'll be calling you.

3 out of the 4 people in my family are goofy footers, my sister is RFF, my mom, my dad, & all of my uncles. Maybe it runs in families. :lol:

Back on topic, the '09 VLX is a fantastic machine all the way around. I admit to some jealousy that Spencer gets to ride behind one so often.

Next time Tim brings his VLX to the Bend area I will have him give you a ring. He was talking about heading to Billy in a couple weeks. Does Madras have any 09's on the lot? You should probably demo one.

I believe that Madras still has it & yes, I've demoed it. Sweet machine, all the way through. Malibu did a great job, correcting everything about the old hull that maybe wasn't quite right & improving things that you never really thought were wrong.

If I'm ever on Who Wants To Be A Millionaire and have a disney question I'll be calling you.

OK, so long as I can use my iphone to google Biggrin.gif

OK, so long as I can use my iphone to google Biggrin.gif

You have a deal.

So how do people usually start off when doing the wake surfing?

I've seen a guy use a longer rope and pull himself in, another guy just slowly slid off the swimstep, and most youtube videos don't show the start.

I haven't tried it yet but will on my next trip out.

That's an amazing wave for so little weight in the boat. Lucky dog! My 09 Vride takes quite a bit more weight to get a wave that nice (or close to as nice anyway :) )

As far as the regular v goofy: If a regular (LFF) rider is riding right foot forward, it's called Switch not Goofy. My point? I'm not sure, I just want to limit the number of times I'm called goofy :)

About the comment about Malibu's being 'designed' for starboard side riding: Can anyone clarify this? I've never heard this before.

Love'n the goofy love.

J (06VLX) sounds like you have a little denial going on. You get yours dialed in yet? Let me know next time you get to sammamish, would love to try either side. I'm hurting to get on the water and have my stuff in the truck, just need to kitchen pass.

You should try heelside, it's good for you and then you could ride a better wake...JK!

Have to agree with you though, where are all the goofy footers around here? I think I surfed my own boat on the reg. side more often than the goofy cause I'm always the odd man out. I think I've had wierd dreams of having a lot of friends that ride goofy foot side!

Love'n the goofy love.

J (06VLX) sounds like you have a little denial going on. You get yours dialed in yet? Let me know next time you get to sammamish, would love to try either side. I'm hurting to get on the water and have my stuff in the truck, just need to kitchen pass.

You should try heelside, it's good for you and then you could ride a better wake...JK!

Have to agree with you though, where are all the goofy footers around here? I think I surfed my own boat on the reg. side more often than the goofy cause I'm always the odd man out. I think I've had wierd dreams of having a lot of friends that ride goofy foot side!

M next time I go to Samm I'm e-mailing you the day before so you can get a hall pass from the boss (and you know who I'm talking about). When I stop by the shop on the way to the lake I don't want any excuses. I'll even set it up and give you some of that goofy wave action. That goofy wave must give people some magical skills because you're WAY better than me.