Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Transom Pads ?

droptine

How many of you use Transom Pads on your Bu's.. ? I never used one on my 06 VLX and did have some nicks and scratches from the wakeboards and surfboards.. Seen this one and thought it might be a good purchase.. ?

http://www.bakesonline.com/detail.aspx?ID=1055

I think I seen a pad once that goes around the edging of your swim platform too, to keep the nicks, scuffs and scratches off the edging of the swim platform. ? Anyone see these or am I dreaming. ? I couldn't find anything on them now. ?

I like the ones from Bakes better, personally.. But wanted to see what others thought.. Anybody see these protectors that go on the swim platform ?

I see any of these would work perfect on the earlier VLX boats, but the changes to the 09 VLX with the cut-out seat at the back, puts the handle below, where it would be covered ? I don't think these would work as good on these 09's ? Thoughts ? Dontknow.gif

I don't use mine all of the time, but do break it out when I am taking out a group of newbies. I don't have to worry about the transom with my regular crew.

I had the Bakes/Crew group buy style a few years back and loved it. Easy on and off and it slid down between the transom and swim platform so it didn't fly around. Great concept that worked perfectly.