Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Monsoon I vs Monsoon II

Does anyone know how to tell the difference between a Monsoon I and Monsoon II?

Specifically, My brother has my '96 Response with the Monsoon (which I expect is a Monsoon I), however a couple of years ago when the dealer did some service work on it they also reflashed the software with and "update" that gave more power supposedly 325 hp. The Perfect Pass Star Gazer guys said they need to know which one he has to configure the software.

Edited by Matt_Alger

On the sticker w/ the serial number it will say if it's a Monsoon 1 or 2. IIRC the sticker is on the bottom of the block on the starboard side of a DD.

I don't think a s/w update of the ECM is going to get you that extra 5hp. I thought it was a change in the exhaust manifold that took the Monsoon from 320 to 325.

Edited by mlange