Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

I need new bindings....

Slurpee

Okay, I've presently got a set of Large LF Sphynx bindings on my LF Team 139. I have size 9.5 narrow FLAT feet. Now that I've gotten accustomed to wakeboarding I'm starting to get a good feel for my equipment. I'm very unstable heel side because my feet are sliding forward in the bindings (note: I dont' fit in mediums real well as my toes almost come out over the foot pad), and when I switch stance there is a good 5-6 seconds of terror while I try to straighten my leading foot out. It tends to twist inside the binding.

I need to get some bindings on that will support my narrow foot a bit more. What do you all reccomend? WakeMD says her feet are fixed in place and doesn't have any of the foot movement inside the binding that I'm experiencing.

Biggrin.gif

I've got a brand new, in the box, pair of LF Ultras, your welcome to try them. I've had them for 3 or 4 years and have never used them. If your feet move around in them you've really got some skinny feet.

'05 Transits. Great support and very soft and comfortable footbed. I picked up a pair about a month or so ago and absolutely love mine. They have even helped with the sore knees. Rockon.gif

Biggrin.gif

I've got a brand new, in the box, pair of LF Ultras, your welcome to try them. I've had them for 3 or 4 years and have never used them. If your feet move around in them you've really got some skinny feet.

That sounds like a good idea to try yours. All these bindings look the same and no one gives any useful information in the reviews. Now I just have to drag myself back up to Granbury. It might have to wait till the miniWOW though. I've gotta play smack the Chinese engineer over in Shanghai for a week in a couple weeks.

I give a second to the Transits. My daughter works at the local board shop and says that the Transits are best for those with narrow feet. they are what she uses personally.

I give a second to the Transits.  My daughter works at the local board shop and says that the Transits are best for those with narrow feet.  they are what she uses personally.

Nice. I looked around and don't see any in stock that are size large that are not CAMO. Uhg. Guess I'll work the phones Monday and see what I can find.

I give a second to the Transits.  My daughter works at the local board shop and says that the Transits are best for those with narrow feet.  they are what she uses personally.

Nice. I looked around and don't see any in stock that are size large that are not CAMO. Uhg. Guess I'll work the phones Monday and see what I can find.

With your shoe size you will need either a medium or a large narrow, depending on how you like your bindings to fit. I know that the new Sail and Ski on 620 in Lakeway had some 05 transits in large narrow a while back.

If you are going to be at the WSA event in a couple of weeks you can give mine a try. Also if I can help by picking some up for you to demo let me know, and I'll do what I can.

Edited by stusumm

I wasn't planning on being at WSA since the wife will be out of town on vacation, but I might show up just to stretch eveyone else's bindings out. :)

Where are all the good pro-shops in Austin? I drive down to Capital of Texas HWY and Lake Austin every day so there is no excuse for me to not make use of them now.

I wasn't planning on being at WSA since the wife will be out of town on vacation, but I might show up just to stretch eveyone else's bindings out. :)

Where are all the good pro-shops in Austin? I drive down to Capital of Texas HWY and Lake Austin every day so there is no excuse for me to not make use of them now.

Sail n Ski (183 and 620 Lakeway locations) - great demo program, biggest selection in town

http://www.sailandski.com

The Ski Dock - (on 620 just south of 183) good selection, great people.

http://skidock.com

South Austin Marine - (Hwy 290 West and 620 Lakeway) good selection.

http://www.southaustinmarine.com

Boat Town - (Hwy 290 West) Ok selection

http://boattown.com

CTWS (IH 35 in RoundRock) Poor selection I'm sorry to say.

http://www.ctws.us/