Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2007 LXI SE w/Hammerhead

jkendallmsce

jkendallmsce

Anyone out there with a Hammerhead in their 2007-2009 LXI??

My '07 LXI SE Hammerhead has had problems from day one. The original owner returned the boat to Malibu with 14 hours on the boat. It was then sold as a new boat in June 2008. After one summer, it now has 63 hours.

The boat was returned to Malibu in late March for a number of warranty issues. The biggest being lack of low end torque. Malibu replaced the in tank fuel pump and said it was fixed. It did not run any better. Back to Malibu, where it sits.

Indmar says the Hammerhead has as much or more low end torque as the Monsoon, which has not been my experience..to date. Malibu now says replacing the 13X13 with another prop (not sure, as I have been told different sizes) will do the trick. To date I have not skied behind the boat.

Has anyone skied behind a Hammerhead and a Monsoon? DId the Hammerhead drag you before getting you up? Seems as if the Hammerhead lags until it hits 1500-2000 rpm. After 2,000 rpm it seems to be fine!!

I have skied behind two Rlxi w/Monsoon's I ask the driver to give me one or two seconds before giving in full throttle. I am a fat old fart Whistling.gif but they have more launch power than I like. My Rlxi has the LCR 320hp and I think it does just fine. I am not on a ski lake so I do not need to be on plane in an extreme Short distance.

My buddy's 08 w/HH needs more throttle than my 08 w/Monsoon. HOWEVER, he has a tower and other things of more weight. Additionally, he is propped very differently.

jkendallmsce
My buddy's 08 w/HH needs more throttle than my 08 w/Monsoon. HOWEVER, he has a tower and other things of more weight. Additionally, he is propped very differently.

do you know what prop was on the boat? ANd was it an 08 Response LXI?