Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

lose windshield on VTX 07

skidoc

The drivers side windshield has come loose on my VTX. It seems to be held down only by a bead of silicone\adhesive along its length and right now only the corners are anchored down. it bangs and vibrates on the water.

Any suggestions on how it should be repaired? should it be a dealership or warrantee issue or can my local boat repair shop, who I trust completely, do it??

i have photos and video of it if needed

I just replaced my windshield on my vtx. It has double sided foam and only two screws that hold down the bracket that windshield slides in to. IF you have the pics try and post them up. I can take some pics of mine, the windows are still of and it is in the garage . Let me know.

Trent

Get the boat to your local dealer to get the windshield replaced or repaired. There is a rebond kit the dealer can use if the track has came loose from the windshield.

It is a warranty issue on a known problem. I lost the entire port side windshield while going down the lake. And according to my dealer, I was not the only one. The look on my face had to be priceless. I caught it out of the corner of my eye and had to really look to comprehend what just happened.

The first round of the "frameless" windshields had a few setbacks. Moral of the story, get it fixed before it does some damage. I got lucky and mine peeled off like a banana falling into the water and missing the side of the boat.

I replaced mine tonight and the frame has come loose. I am sure that WLM will look after it when I can get the boat there. The new window looks great thog. No worn chrome and no separation in the corner by the chrome frame.