Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2006 VLX Deals?

oshensurfer

Hi everyone. I've been lurking around here for a while. I was told about your site by J-Ro and he said this would be the place to ask the question...

I've been looking at the new 2006 VLX's and am extremely impressed with the boat and think I want to make the purchase, however I am not as in tune with what kind of deal I should be getting on this boat as I am for say, a MC...

Anyway, I was hoping I could get some of you to divulge what you paid :blush:Innocent.gif or whether you think the price that I think I may be able to get is decent or you think I should be able to do better considering it is getting to the end of the season.

So, here is what I'm looking at.

2006 VLX with all the new standard options Biggrin.gif

Upgrades:

Monsoon

Power Wedge (which I could probably do without, but I liked it on the demo)

6 speaker stereo with sub, amps, and 2 or 4 tower speakers

2 outlet heater

3 tank MLS

2 board racks

bimini

cover

dual axle trailer

OTD @ $53-55k with $54k being what I feel is a reasonable deal for them. That would put their markup right at 20+%.

FYI They are quoting verbally at $56K without the 6 speaker (only four) and without the racks, bimini, and cover.

Thanks in advance for your input. This is a very big purchase and I want to make sure I do as much homework and work to achieve the best deal I possibly can.

Edited by oshensurfer

i'd reccommend the bow ballast and stereo to be done outside of the dealer, that is unless they are giving you a phenomenal deal on the audio.

Edited by madchild

Welcome.gif oshensurfer This is Greg from Antelope.

You mean J didn't now. Notworthy.gifTongue.gif J/K J Biggrin.gif

Have you talked to Kyle- k-dub? I would think he would help give you a slamming deal or atleast help you out with info.

Tower speakers from the dealer. know way. You know were to get them for a great price.

But then if your doing it so that its all in one payment I understand.

Maybe if you go in, sit at there desk every week and crunch #s then you would have a shot. Good luck.

Welcome.gif oshensurfer This is Greg from Antelope.

You mean J didn't now. Notworthy.gifTongue.gif J/K  J Biggrin.gif

Have you talked to Kyle- k-dub? I would think he would help give you a slamming deal or atleast help you out with info.

Tower speakers from the dealer. know way. You know were to get them for a great price.

But then if your doing it so that its all in one payment I understand.

What's up Greg!

I've talked to a few people. There isn't really anything anyone outside of this area can do considering the "territory" clauses in the Vomit.gif Factory/Dealer contract. So I'm pretty much on my own. I've gotten some really good advice from some folks though. And as always, I'm looking for more because I'm a cheapskate! Biggrin.gif

Two things on the tower speakers:

One) Yes, I want it rolled in to the payment and

Two) I don't think they'll come off their price much, so I figure I might as well try to milk the options.

IF I did get the front ballast, it's an underfloor automatic ballast. I'm tired of dealing with Sacks and aftermarket crap that takes up tons of room. Which is why I was considering that as an upgrade. However, I really liked the wake as it was with the triple. I just didn't like the bow rise....

Hi everyone.  I've been lurking around here for a while.  I was told about your site by J-Ro and he said this would be the place to ask the question...

I've been looking at the new 2006 VLX's and am extremely impressed with the boat and think I want to make the purchase, however I am not as in tune with what kind of deal I should be getting on this boat as I am for say, a MC...

Anyway, I was hoping I could get some of you to divulge what you paid :blush:  Innocent.gif or whether you think the price that I think I may be able to get is decent or you think I should be able to do better considering it is getting to the end of the season.

Upgrades:

Monsoon

2 outlet heater

3 tank MLS

2 board racks

bimini

cover

dual axle trailer

OTD @ $53-55k with $54k being what I feel is a reasonable deal for them.  That would put their markup right at 20+%. 

FYI They are quoting verbally at $56K without the 6 speaker (only four) and without the racks, bimini, and cover.

Thanks in advance for your input.  This is a very big purchase and I want to make sure I do as much homework and work to achieve the best deal I possibly can.

That's a real good price, PP is standard right? don't buy a boat without it. Our done deal price was more that our verbal once they started in with destination charges and etc., they want $700.00 to take it from vacallice to sacramento. $54K sounds cheap.

Hi everyone.  I've been lurking around here for a while.  I was told about your site by J-Ro and he said this would be the place to ask the question...

Anyway, I was hoping I could get some of you to divulge what you paid :blush:   Innocent.gif or whether you think the price that I think I may be able to get is decent or you think I should be able to do better considering it is getting to the end of the season.

Upgrades:

Monsoon

2 outlet heater

3 tank MLS

2 board racks

bimini

cover

dual axle trailer

OTD @ $53-55k with $54k being what I feel is a reasonable deal for them.  That would put their markup right at 20+%. 

Thanks in advance for your input.  This is a very big purchase and I want to make sure I do as much homework and work to achieve the best deal I possibly can.

That's a real good price, PP is standard right? don't buy a boat without it. Our done deal price was more that our verbal once they started in with destination charges and etc., they want $700.00 to take it from vacallice to sacramento. $54K sounds cheap.

I have a 2005 with PP. Illusion tower, 4 bullet speakers and 6 speakers in the boat all polk audio with planet audio amps, 2 batteries, perko switch, wedge, 3 ballast tanks, monsoon, carpet kit, bimini, extreme trailer and it cost more than 54K out the door. if I could get the 2006 with those opts. I would sell mine today and get a new one.

I have a 2005 with PP. Illusion tower, 4 bullet speakers and 6 speakers in the boat all polk audio with planet audio amps, 2 batteries, perko switch, wedge, 3 ballast tanks, monsoon, carpet kit, bimini, extreme trailer and it cost more than 54K out the door. if I could get the 2006 with those opts. I would sell mine today and get a new one.

Sweet ride ricnvic!

J-Ro and help hook you up with a sweet stereo. He and Mdude have all the knowledge.

Get the bow ballast.

$54K 'out the door' sounds good.

Walk in with cash in hand, say, 'Here it is, all I've got is $54K'

For sure they'll bite.

Good luck.

It's difficult to compare OTD prices, since different states have different ways of taxing boats. I think it's better to just compare the price before tax, but including any destination, make ready, etc.

On a VLX, you should negotiate a monster discount off MSRP. I probably shouldn't give exact numbers out of respect for my dealer (Central Tx Watersports), but I negotiated over 18% off MSRP on my '05, and that was only a few months after they came out, and were in high demand.

Waterski America in Dallas we selling their floor stock boats at a similar discount all year long.

I'm not sure you can do that in CA, but can't hurt to try.

Walk in with cash in hand, say, 'Here it is, all I've got is $54K' 

For sure they'll bite. 

Good luck.

You have to know who he's dealing with. There reply would be great I can get you a loan for the rest Cry.gif

So you can't buy any were but Sac?

looking for more because I'm a cheapskate!
Yep I'm in the same boat. Whistling.gif

Maybe do a Pm to that person? :unsure:

Sounds like you have a lot of good intell Thumbup.gif

Great info guys.  Thanks.  Still waiting for Wakegirl to hopefully give some input...

Sorry, been at Shasta for the past 4 days. :)

Did they give you the breakdown of what those options cost? I'm most curious about the Power Wedge & stereo.

No worries. Shasta is always a blast. Hope you had a good time.

Options....

The stereo hasn't been broken out for me, but the power wedge is a $1800-2000 option depending on who you talk to.. Shocking.gif Thus, why I'm not sure I'm interested in that one. It worked really good on my demo though..

That's what I thought. There are some really neat things about the power wedge, I just didn't order it since I don't trust brand new options like that on boats or cars. I'll let them work the bugs out & ante up for it later on down the road if I decide that I really want it that badly.

Based on that, I'd say that's a good price, somewhere in the 10% off range.