Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Replaced circ pump - no leaks

I finally got around to swapping out my old leaky circ pump. I bought a new one last year off this site and installed it easily this morning.

boat fired right up, no problems, no leaks now - PERFECT!

but now my max temp is higher???

I was consistently at 160 on the gauge, a bit higher if I had accy. running like the blower.

now it gets up a bit higher than 160, to maybe 170 max. I know its not a big concern, and I am going to be changing my impeller soon, but I would have thought my temps would drop with a perfectly sealed, brand new water pump??

TIA

Maybe the flow/circulation rate of this pump is lower than the old one. Just because the old one leaked does not mean is wasn't circulating.

the old one worked well, it just leaked from the back seal.

you are probably right, it just doesn't turn as much or I have more/less tension on the belt.

I just took it out again and it seems fine, just a few degrees higher than normal.

take the hose off from between the raw water pump and the oil cooler. Flush it out to verify no debris. While that's off, remove the hose from the top of the oil cooler and check for any debris in cooler. Is the water you are boating in warmer than when you were running 160?

take the hose off from between the raw water pump and the oil cooler. Flush it out to verify no debris. While that's off, remove the hose from the top of the oil cooler and check for any debris in cooler. Is the water you are boating in warmer than when you were running 160?

no the water has been around 55 for the last few weeks. it will be at 160deg in either 55 or 75 water normally.

I will check the cooler for debris and changing the impeller is on my to do list as well.

It seemed to run closer to 160 the last time I had it out.

thanx Thumbup.gif