Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Spare Key

itch

We got two keys with the boat but I would like a third because the boat is docked at my parents house and if they want to use the boat I would like them to have a key. Where do I get one made I went to my local key shop and they said they needed the number but I looked in all the info Malibu gave us and I can't find a thing.

ITCH

...I went to my local key shop and they said they needed the number but I looked in all the info Malibu gave us and I can't find a thing.

ITCH

that's bull. they should be able to match them without a number. i got 2 spares made and all he did was go to the wall and find one that matched. try another shop. i went to a ral locksmith, so that might have had something to do with it. lowe's or home defect won't be able to do it.

Ditto> Try a "real locksmith shop"

(Home Dumpo) I'm in construction and try like he!! to stay away from Dumpo and Lower's. But every time I go in I can usually strike up a conversation with the guy behind me with "we ALL hate this place but we all keep coming back...."

Pat

i don't like home depot because the sales associates couldn't find anything to save their souls and the place is a dump inside.

i do however like lowe's. it's no white cap but it is nice. it has wide aisles, everything is clearly marked, the floor is clear, and a better selection.

I've found quite the oppisite at our Home Depots. They have the best help around. The tend to hire people from the trades. You ask for help in the paint department and the guy used to be a painter etc. Very helpful.

i don't like home depot because the sales associates couldn't find anything to save their souls and the place is a dump inside. 

i do however like lowe's.  it's no white cap but it is nice.  it has wide aisles, everything is clearly marked, the floor is clear, and a better selection.

15 years ago, you walk into Home Depot and the sales associates could and would help you find everything you need for you project/repair. If I'm not mistaken, they took pride in the fact that they hired experienced plumbers for the plumbing department, electricians for the electrical depatment, etc.

Today, things are definitely different there. I have also converted to Lowe's, except for interior house paint, because I like the Behr paints, and Home Depot has them.

Edited by rts
OK - I just gotta ask:  Why all the hatred for Home Depot?

I was thinking the same thing. Huge selection so you'll probably find what you need, good prices,.....damn, I hate that. Crazy.gif

That's pretty much along the lines that I was thinking.

I almost never ask anyone there a question, I dont expect them to know anything and I generally know what I'm looking for.

We have Home Depo and Lowes both in our area. Both stores have good selection and competetive prices, but usually have workers that don't really know have much knowledge of building products. It's kind of like trying to find a something at WalMart. If you can't find it on your own, your out of luck

Bill

You guys gotta admit, too that it's nice to be able to pick up something for an emergency (usually plumbing) at 10:00 on a Sunday night. I'd like to patronize my local hardware store, but they are only open when I'm at work. :)

I don't know if its a problem for me or not but I've been in the Home Depot so many times that I can help the sales associates locate stuff...

I don't know if its a problem for me or not but I've been in the Home Depot so many times that I can help the sales associates locate stuff...

I ususally do better than that. So many times I'll be just standing there, thinking about how I'm gonna do something and over hear an "associate" leading some poor sole down the wrong road (waaaay wrong). I'll understand the original question and the associate hasn't got a clue "cuz thae's 18 and gots a j-o-b at D-e-p-o-t." So I'll somehow butt in and the original customer is usually stoked that they diddn't have to spend a whole bunch 'o cash and waste a ton of time doing things like jounior was telling them it had to be....

Depots in my area (San Mateo, San Carlos) have a thing for hiring young (read= inexpierienced) help.

Every once in a while I'll come across a new associate and mes with 'em a bit and see if they know anything. Sometimes it's a good chuckle.....

Depot has started the "self check out" also. Yeah this sounds like its gonna work out "just fine". (doubt it) Just another big-box-cost-cutting-labor-saver. Next thing you know Depot will be half as big as Wal Mart. That's JUST what we need. Next we will have Depot putting the screws to the building material suppliers just like wally mart is to everyone else......

Rant off! (I better quit before I need a percription.....) Mad.gif