Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Stacking battery

I need to add an additional battery. I currently have a yellow top for starting and one blue top for the radio but I dont want to run out of power for the whole week at powell.

I am thinking about adding an additional blue top and making a rack and stacking it on top of the other blue top or just laying them on there sides and stacking them together and straping them down together.

Which will be better?

JG,

I saw that to thats what started me thinking that way. Has anyone done it? Also with the blue tops di I need a catch tray, just incase?

martinarcher
JG,

I saw that to thats what started me thinking that way. Has anyone done it? Also with the blue tops di I need a catch tray, just incase?

Nope - no catch tray needed. They are completely sealed and maintenance free! Optimas are great batteries!

Finished the rack and just installed the 2 additional blue tops for the radio.

I always loose stuff in the back of the compartment so that was the best spot. I had to move the vent hose but all fit and cant wait to see the difference in run time. I coated the entire rack in undercoat so there are no exposed to rust

boat009.jpg

boat011.jpg

boat011.jpg

boat015.jpg