Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2000 sunsetter vlx

krahmer 1

I'm looking at a 2000 malibu sunsetter vlx with about 360 hours on it. I've been on the boat a couple of times, but have not seen it in a year. It has some problems. The left back seat has a rip in the seam. It needs a new muffler and on the back right side the bumper rail is coming off. If has a big nick if the front and might need to be regel coated. the rpm gauge is not working so i dont think the perfect pass is working either. I was wondering if anyone knew how much it would cost to fix all these things. The malibu has a single axle. It also has a wedge and a tower with racks on each side, but no tower speakers. I might be able to get the boat for around 13000 to 14000, was wondering if that might be a deal with all the stuff that is wrong or was just wondering how much it would be to fix all of that .

Hvae no idea what it would cost to fix those items but there are probably more as well, would figure maybe $4,000 to budget for repairs, so maybe that price is not too cheap after all. Would definitely check the boat out for any other big ticket repair items.

thanks for your guys advice. Is there a website that sells malibu parts like mufflers and seat covers

I just bought a 97 VLX in that price range. The problems you are describing really aren't that big of a deal IMO. See if there are any other problems, if not I agree that you are looking at a good deal. Not necessarily a "great" deal. The difference is how the boat has been maintained. If the boat has obvious signs of minor neglect then it's still probably a good deal but not great. Don't underestimate how much extra wear and tear and problems will come with a boat who was previously owned by negligent owners.