Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Finally dialed in surf wake on a 247

Chappy

It took us almost a year but we finally dailed in my buddies 247 surf wake and it was huge (almost waist high), powerful and clean. Clap.gif I seeked input from the crew and the boys at Bakes. The key was no extra ballast in the bow. We put a 750 in the locker, 2 540's on the seat, 350 on the floor and about 3/4's wedge.

Edit: Surfide, center and bow MLS full as well.

post-5862-1242621469_thumb.jpg

Edited by Chappy
Nice work chappy.. were you out on sat? I am sure I saw you surfing just south of vasa park.

We were actually out on Friday afternoon from about 2:30-5. I unfortunately didn't get to enjoy the great day on Saturday as we had my youngest daughter's 1st Birthday party. Keep an eye out for us though. We are usually in my all black VLX or my buddies grey and white 247.

:salute: WOW Is that the north shore of Hawaii photoshoped in that pic!! Nice

Surfing.gif

I know; I swear no photoshop enhancements. In fact I took that pic with my Blackberry. For the most part we were pretty unhappy with his wake last year so we were jacked when we finally got this result.

Thumbup.gif

That is a thing of beauty!

I have a 23 LSV any suggestions.....

That is my next project. Another buddy of mine just bought an 05 LSV and we are going to work on his over the holiday weekend. We are going to start somewhere between what I mentioned above and what I run on my VLX. Right now I run full MLS, a 750 in the locker, a 540 on the seat, a 350 in the bow and 3/4 wedge on my VLX and the rub rail is about 2-3" from the water.

I will let you know how it goes.

Thumbup.gif

That is my next project. Another buddy of mine just bought an 05 LSV and we are going to work on his over the holiday weekend. We are going to start somewhere between what I mentioned above and what I run on my VLX. Right now I run full MLS, a 750 in the locker, a 540 on the seat, a 350 in the bow and 3/4 wedge on my VLX and the rub rail is about 2-3" from the water.

Do you have any trouble with swamping the bow? I run with the MLS, star rear empty, full 750 in port locker, wedge at .5 to .75 and usually 3-4 peeps on port seats. Not a very long pocket but it works. When we throttle down, the water is right at the bow light for a moment. I can't imagine any more weight in the bow.

Dave

Thumbup.gif

Do you have any trouble with swamping the bow? I run with the MLS, star rear empty, full 750 in port locker, wedge at .5 to .75 and usually 3-4 peeps on port seats. Not a very long pocket but it works. When we throttle down, the water is right at the bow light for a moment. I can't imagine any more weight in the bow.

Dave

Knock on wood but I have yet to take one over the bow surfing. When the rider goes down I throttle back and wait until the rollers pass the boat before I turn around and stick it back gear.

It all depends on how quickly you thottle down. Drop it back every so slightly slower and you won't get any issues with chili-dipping

Thumbup.gif

I don't know if I can fit a 750 in the lockers, I have two large sub boxes. I don't us any bags right now we just pile the crew on one side of the boat.

Can't wait for the feedback. I'll pull one of the boxes if I can make it look like that.

Thumbup.gif

I've got a 09 LSV. I run with corner and center MLS ballast full. Front ballast at 25%. 750lb in the rear corner locker. Wedge at 100%. People on the side. This gives a really nice crisp wave with a little lip. The wake is just above waist high and I'm 6'2". I'm still messing with the front ballast and wedge to get it even more dialed in.

Thumbup.gif

I've got a 09 LSV. I run with corner and center MLS ballast full. Front ballast at 25%. 750lb in the rear corner locker. Wedge at 100%. People on the side. This gives a really nice crisp wave with a little lip. The wake is just above waist high and I'm 6'2". I'm still messing with the front ballast and wedge to get it even more dialed in.

How long is it though.

The other day I had a 750 full in surf side along with mls on that side, a 400 under the seats, midship mls full, and front ballast full. Wedge was between 75-100% and just couldn't get any length on the wave. Nothing like the 09 23 review I wrote up in Sept last year. I actually think there was to much weight in the boat because I had about 8 people. It is my mission to get it as good as the demo last year.

Chappy, you guys doing any morning runs this weekend? Good to see Spence finally got that thing dialed in. What about goofy side:)

Chappy, you guys doing any morning runs this weekend? Good to see Spence finally got that thing dialed in. What about goofy side:)

MC,

Good to hear from you. Spencer, Darin and our families rented a house on Banks Lake for the weekend so we will not be around. We normally try to get out at least once during the week early in the am and once on the weekend. We haven't tried it goofy yet but I am sure we could duplicate it.

Have a good weekend