Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Lake/Air Temp Sensors

Is there any way to adjust the lake and air temp sensors? Mine are way off and it drives me crazy. Yesterday at the lake, the water temp was 56 but the boat said it was 66. Air temp was in the high 60's but the boat said it was 79.

Thanks,

Terry

My thoughts on the air temp are the placement of the sensor gives you bogus temp readings but I don't know what Malibu could do to fix it.

If the sun is out I get high reading. If it is a overcast day or cold day I get good readings. My water temp is on the money. Water will read wrong when I drop the boat in for some time until the haul reaches the water temp.

My thoughts on the air temp are the placement of the sensor gives you bogus temp readings but I don't know what Malibu could do to fix it.

If the sun is out I get high reading. If it is a overcast day or cold day I get good readings. My water temp is on the money. Water will read wrong when I drop the boat in for some time until the haul reaches the water temp.

I think you are correct about the air temp sensor. I believe my dealer told my that it would read higher than normal if there was minimal air flow due to is mounting location. It is located inside the drivers cockpit therefore heat will build up underneath there while sitting still on sunny days.

Not quite sure why his water temperature sensor would so far off.

I think you are correct about the air temp sensor. I believe my dealer told my that it would read higher than normal if there was minimal air flow due to is mounting location. It is located inside the drivers cockpit therefore heat will build up underneath there while sitting still on sunny days.

Not quite sure why his water temperature sensor would so far off.

I'm not to worried about the air temp, it's the water temp that really bothers me.

It seams to me we have seen this question more than once but I don't think I have ever seen a firm answer if it can be calibrated. Dontknow.gif

Per the 2005 Owners Manual -

Feature 4: Air Temperature Display

The Air Temperature feature displays the ambient air temperature and is measured in degrees Fahrenheit only. No adjustment function is available for this feature.

Feature 5: Lake Temperature Display

The Lake Temperature feature provides lake water temperature and is measured in degrees Fahrenheit only. No adjustment function is available for this feature.

That's as firm an answer as I can come up with. That sucks, you'd think the temp readings would be calibratable. Oh well...

Ed

It seams to me we have seen this question more than once but I don't think I have ever seen a firm answer if it can be calibrated. Dontknow.gif

Per the 2005 Owners Manual -

Feature 4: Air Temperature Display

The Air Temperature feature displays the ambient air temperature and is measured in degrees Fahrenheit only. No adjustment function is available for this feature.

Feature 5: Lake Temperature Display

The Lake Temperature feature provides lake water temperature and is measured in degrees Fahrenheit only. No adjustment function is available for this feature.

That's as firm an answer as I can come up with. That sucks, you'd think the temp readings would be calibratable. Oh well...

Ed

Yeah, I'd talk to a service rep at the dealer or with Malibu if it's that far off.

I'm actually happy it may read a little high sometimes -- it's makes it a little easier to get some folks out in the water. . . .

"Look -- it's really not that cold :)"

I think the key to remember about the water temp sensor is that it reads the water temp on the surface. Surface temp can typically be 5-10 degrees warmer than the water 5-6 feet down. (which is what you feel when you are waiting for a pull)

I think the key to remember about the water temp sensor is that it reads the water temp on the surface. Surface temp can typically be 5-10 degrees warmer than the water 5-6 feet down. (which is what you feel when you are waiting for a pull)

The water temp is reading about 14 degrees higher then the actual surface temp.

I was checking the water temp sensor last night and realized that the depth finder and water temp sensor are one unit. Yesterday at the lake we got 5 or 6 shallow water alarms when we were in 40 to 70 feet of water. In checking out the sensor, the wire from the sensor is pinched really hard between the stringer and the gas tank. I'm wondering if this may be part of the problem? It is headed to the dealer next week and they are going to replace it.

Terry

The water temp is reading about 14 degrees higher then the actual surface temp.

I was checking the water temp sensor last night and realized that the depth finder and water temp sensor are one unit. Yesterday at the lake we got 5 or 6 shallow water alarms when we were in 40 to 70 feet of water. In checking out the sensor, the wire from the sensor is pinched really hard between the stringer and the gas tank. I'm wondering if this may be part of the problem? It is headed to the dealer next week and they are going to replace it.

Terry

Let us know what they say.

• 2 weeks later...