Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

wanted

bayleboo

We are in the market for a Malibu, it gets a little confusing, Sunsetter, Wakesetter, Lx, LXi. We are looking for 99 or 00 model, which is best. Our daughter is really getting in to wakeboarding, we do some skiing. Not a lot out there in our price range. Just needing suggestions.

Thanks

Yahoo.gifCry.gif

We are in the market for a Malibu, it gets a little confusing, Sunsetter, Wakesetter, Lx, LXi. We are looking for 99 or 00 model, which is best. Our daughter is really getting in to wakeboarding, we do some skiing. Not a lot out there in our price range. Just needing suggestions.

Thanks

Yahoo.gifCry.gif

What is your price range?

MalibuNation

Pretty much in the same boat ... pun intended ... as you folks. Love my V-Drive with a diamond hull, best of both worlds.

Welcome and where are you located? Clap.gif

Pretty much in the same boat ... pun intended ... as you folks. Love my V-Drive with a diamond hull, best of both worlds.

I like th V-drive, hard to find for under 22G. Looking at Sunsetter LXI w/ diamond hull, someone said it was best for skiing. We need wakeboarding also. Thanks for the insight!

Have you looked at used I-rides? Mid-engine, but can be made to wakeboard easily. The interior setup is a bit querky for some, but perhaps they might be down in that range by now?

I think the Vdrive/Diamond is the wake to go, we LOVE ours...but at $22k it might be tough to find. Maybe $25-27 would get you one, no problem.

Best of luck,

I like th V-drive, hard to find for under 22G. Looking at Sunsetter LXI w/ diamond hull, someone said it was best for skiing. We need wakeboarding also. Thanks for the insight!

While that vintage Sunsetter LXi may be best for skiing, depending on your skill level, it may still meet your needs for wakeboarding. It is generally regarded as a great crossover boat (one of if not the best), with the edge going to ski performance, but with the wedge and some ballast, it could certainly take you and your family through at least the intermediate phase of your wakeboarding.

Combine that with the massive amounts of storage and family space, and it would be worth a look. You should abe able to find a great example of a Sunsetter LXi ('99-'04, I think) in your price range.

Edited by rts

Agree with rts. Our Sunsetter LXi was a great ski boat and with the wedge had a very nice shaped wake for any wakeboard activities. Great family on the water boat. Classic lines and likely in your price range.

Best of luck.