Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

exhaust manifold corrosion

so after I installed the impeller yesterday I ran across a steady leak coming from the T-fitting in the exhaust manifold, after further investigation it looks as if the threads were crush and have been a storage for salt to corrode away the fitting. are these holes repairable... I figure I will try to temp fix it with JB weld and maybe order a new manifold? this needs to be fixed ASAP memorial day is right around the corner and the family is coming to town

th_exhaust001.jpg

th_exhaust004.jpg

th_exhaust003.jpg

th_exhaust002.jpg

th_exhaust001.jpg

Those EXT manifolds are big $$$, I would go ahead and order some good old cast iron ones, expecially if you run in salt water. Both sets will probably cost you what 1 EXT one would, plus it should last alot longer.

Those EXT manifolds are big $$$, I would go ahead and order some good old cast iron ones, expecially if you run in salt water. Both sets will probably cost you what 1 EXT one would, plus it should last alot longer.

The previous owner ran it in salt water... the is a fresh babe now

The previous owner ran it in salt water... the is a fresh babe now

The goverment should do something about that