Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Nada Guide Opinions?

DKidneyBean

What's your guys' opinion on the Nada Guide website and it's accuracy in this market? I know there is a difference between what people are asking for their boats and what boats are actually selling for right now. And I also know you have to factor in the trailer and optional equipment in the value. Is this Economic down turn making the NADA guide more accurate for actual sales this season? Thanks

What's your guys' opinion on the Nada Guide website and it's accuracy in this market?

I was checking a boat on NADA for a Buddie and I would say It's definitely Hi !

What's your guys' opinion on the Nada Guide website and it's accuracy in this market? I know there is a difference between what people are asking for their boats and what boats are actually selling for right now. And I also know you have to factor in the trailer and optional equipment in the value. Is this Economic down turn making the NADA guide more accurate for actual sales this season? Thanks

My opinion is that these numbers are significantly higher than what the actual used boat market is reflecting. Part of the reason is because any smart, money conscious boat buyer would use this as one of their research tools and then they will be looking for that price or lower. Even if a boat is in pristine condition with low hours, not many smart buyers would pay much more than its NADA value (that's why you should "use it or lose it"). I bought my boat in November for quite alot less than the NADA guide stated it was worth. I'm gradually finding out why it was priced so low, but at this point, I would still consider it a good deal.

I too feel that NADA is high in this market. The only boats I have seen move are ones that are priced lower then the low amount and forget about paying for the options. A buddy of mine has been trying to sell his boat very clean and 50 hours boat for more then a year now (not a bu) and has it listed at average not including options and trailer and is only getting offered amounts that are lower then the low. I purchased my bu the same way a year ago. Lower then the low and did not pay for options sound system etc. The market is not good. good luck

It has always been my opinion the NADA values for boats are hit or miss at best. They simply cannot achieve the accuracy they can with automobiles, because there is not the sample set with boats. How many '07 WakeSetters sell in a given month vs '07 Ford F-150s or '07 Honda Accords? Also, I don't think they can keep up with the seasonal and geographical fluctuations in price that are present in boat values that are not as pronounced in the car market.