Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

The other "TMC" site

skisix@38

I think this is hilarious: They have a thread going on the MC owner site about allthe new boats for 06. Today TMC posted the pics from the 06 TT 197, I like the looks of the boat but wouldn't want to keep it clean. Anyway, they say in the posting that "you all know what it's capable of...(like three world records)" I posted that "the PArrish record was not approved becuase of boat path" and gave a link to usawaterski for details. And THEY DELETED MY POST!!!!!!!!!

I didn't say the boat was bad or not capable of pulling a record, I just stated the facts.

Am I out in left field thinking that is funny or does anyone share my opinion? NOTE: I'm not after any boat wars here, that's not why I posted there or here.

I think this is hilarious:  They have a thread going on the MC owner site about allthe new boats for 06.  Today TMC posted the pics from the 06 TT 197, I like the looks of the boat but wouldn't want to keep it clean.  Anyway, they say in the posting that "you all know what it's capable of...(like three world records)"  I posted that "the PArrish record was not approved becuase of boat path" and gave a link to usawaterski for details.  And THEY DELETED MY POST!!!!!!!!!

I didn't say the boat was bad or not capable of pulling a record, I just stated the facts.

Am I out in left field thinking that is funny or does anyone share my opinion?  NOTE: I'm not after any boat wars here, that's not why I posted there or here.

that's good stuff! they all have 'bu envy. :)

not to sound snooty or anything, but the childishness at that site is absurd.  They always seem like a bunch of pimple-faced punks to me when I visit that site.

Hilarious!  :)

That's exactly what I'm talking about. It's absurd! I dont' know about any pimples but, there are for sure some punks that hang out there. There are also some nice folks and I don't mean to take away from them.

Yeah, they have banned a lady who ordered a brand new boat last year and got a POS instead. She kept her composure a h*!! of a lot better than I would have when she recently took delivery of her new boat, only to find some issues with it as well. The sad thing is, a lot of the people on the site have turned on her. She logged on as a new user and was nothing but complimentary towards everyone involved, only to get attacked by a fellow board member. Pretty sad.

Daniel

I think the thread Daniel is referring to just got deleted within the last couple of hours as well.

I remember when MBO was getting started up a couple of years ago I was hoping Malibu would be involved more. I can't believe just how wrong I was. What both MBO and our TMC has can't be touched. I believe PlanetNautique is completely outside of CorrectCraft as well, although I don't know for sure. Anyone else know?

I was trying to help out someone on Team MasterCraft a week or so ago who was trying to decide whether or not to go w/ PP WBPro or Digital Pro and got lambasted along with a comment I took as condescending regarding MBO.

Not only am I turned off to the site now, but unfortunately due to the numerous "disappearing posts" I'm turned off to MC as well.

Mike

Edited by mlange
yeah, but the MC site does have a long running bikini pic thread...they get props for that

Yeah and I got blasted in that thread because all the hot babes were in a Malibu and I said that they were not only good looking but smart!

Fijirob just gave me a good idea on another thread:
Maybe BaylinerNut can login there & have some fun.

I can't even imagine the feeding frenzy that would result from a personality such as The Nut showing up on TeamMasterCraft. ROFL.gif

oops...posted in wrong topic. Crazy.gif Thanks WakeGirl.

Tracy, could you please remove SkiSix's post - he mentions that the MC was a good looking boat - I dont think we want that kind of talk around here.

Tongue.gif

Edited by mrothwell

ETS: Hi, my name is Doug and I'm a MasterCraft owner.

Malibu Crew: Hi Doug!

I spend a great deal of time on the tmcowners site. I've also had this handle on the old malibu board and this one since things got switched around. I don't consider myself a pimple-faced punk, but I do get a blemish from time to time.

If any of you have been lambasted on the tmcowners website, I'm very sorry to hear it. Most of the people on that board, from my experience there, are good people. But with the number of registered users, there are bound to be some unscrupulous types.

As for the lady who got the problematic 05, to be fair, from all indications, she got it replaced by MC with an 06. Apparently, when she got the 06, she felt she had some tracking issues with it (pulled to the left). I wasn't around for that discussion, but last I read it was resolved. Again, I don't have a stake in it, but just trying to add to what someone else had posted in the interest of fairness. That said, my boat's got a hard right pull. And thank goodness for that.

Lots of us over at tmcowners got a big kick out of "baylinernut" when somebody spotted his postings a year or so ago. TPTtool was actually a creation of a guy on the tmcowners board. We had a lot of fun with it and are glad you guys enjoyed it. It was a year or so before he fessed up to it being him.

You guys are in an enviable position inasmuch as this board is independently owned. As such, you guys enjoy some more freedom in your topics, posts, etc. That has been something we have struggled with over at tmc from time to time. But hey, it's their site and a really active one. It's a great source of information and full of fine people. I've met some of the people on that board in person and have talked to many others away from the board. I was surprised recently to receive a really great baby gift from lots of people on the board including the main site admin, none of whom I'd ever laid eyes on.

So since this is a Malibu board, let's talk about Malibu. I've had a set behind a response and had a fine time. I don't knock ski boats as a general rule and have never advocated that on the tmcowners site. Some people over there are die hards and aren't afraid to go on the offensive over that sort of stuff. I certainly don't like to see it. Skisix@38 knows about this pretty well as he's been on the receiving end from one of the dealer/users on the tmcowners site. But most of us aren't like that. But everyone is entitled to his opinion. If it were my board, I'd see no harm in complimenting other boats. But it's not my site and so I have a handle here, planet nautique, wakesiderides, etc.

Most of us at tmcowners are die hard watersports enthusiasts who will take a pull behind any boat we can. But we love our MasterCrafts obviously. If any of you guys are 80 miles east of Dallas and want a pull, drop me a line, if you don't mind riding behind a MasterCraft that is. ROFL.gif

I'm not posting this to troll. My posts over here, few though they may be have been made for a love of ski boats generally. I think you guys have a great board. I also think the tmcowners board is a great place or I wouldn't spend so much time there. Just thought I'd say so for what it's worth.

Be well.

Doug

Edited by east tx skier

Welcome, Doug!

As far as I'm concerned it's all about sharing good times with family and friends. Please join in as you see fit and thank you for sharing your views on tmcowners...

Cheers,

Mike