Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Detail spray

http://www.westcoastcorvette.com/shop_onli...ail.cfm?id=1093

http://www.westcoastcorvette.com/shop_onli...ail.cfm?id=1092

http://www.westcoastcorvette.com/shop_onli..._cat.cfm?id=146

I have been using these recently on the Bu. Both work great specifically the detail spray. I used it last time after I pulled the boat out and it sucked up the water spots and left a glossy shine. You will not be dissappointed. Good Luck!

They also sell microfiber towels and the jumbo size microfiber towels that are of great quality at a reasonable price. KC

Anyone on here ever use Pledge as a detailing spray? I just heard of this a couple of weeks ago in a WW thread that stated a lot of dealers use this. Some guy said they even used it in place of wax. I'd never use it in place of wax, but wondering how it would work as a detailing spray.

I have not tried this on my tower but, have done it for years on my dirt bikes, someone suggest this to me the other day. Whip your tower down with WD-40 and when you get to the lake the bugs ect. will whip right off. I know it holds true for dirt bikes and mud, etc. but not sure about a tower?

Anyone on here ever use Pledge as a detailing spray

I actually have been using pledge or furniture polish on my dirt bike plastic for years. I also recently heard people use pledge at car shows to give the car a shine. I am a little apprehensive to use it on my car.

WD-40 was invented by and for NASA with the race to the moon program in the 60's. It stands for water displacement 40 with the 40 being the 40th configuration as they were experimenting with it. KC

Bike Shops use Pledge to polish up their bikes. Works great. I wouldn't want to use WD-40 because of the oily film. I'd be afraid that it would end up in the boat.

I have tried 303 many times without luck. I keep trying it because so many people say how great it is on gel coat. I heard about pledge on WW but do not think it is the greatest for the water. I tried some quick detail spray from costco and it left more streaks than 303. The best I have found for wipe down is a water and vinegar mixture. The one question I have does the vinegar strip the wax off of the gel coat?

Kelly

Meguiar's Quick detailer or NXT Speed detailer work great. Takes off the water spots and leaves a great shine. We use it to wipe down the bu everytime it comes out of the water.

Kellyb Posted Today, 02:56 PM

The one question I have does the vinegar strip the wax off of the gel coat?

I believe it will. I try to minimize this somewhat by using only 1 part vinegar for every 4-6 parts water, instead of the 50/50 mixture my friends use. I've heard others say good things about the Eagle One product too so I may give that a try.

I don't like 303 on the gelcoat.  It smears to easily and doesn't seem to leave an even shine.

Woops, my bad as the kids say these days. I didn't mean to mislead anyone, I only use the 303 on the seats. I use CarnuB wax on my gel, it works great and is real easy to apply.

I use 303 on the seats or stoners more shine less time for vinyl. I clean them with spray nine. On the outside I use meguires marine cleaner wax once a year and there flagship marine wax the rest

I use Meguiars Gold Class on the hull at least monthly as I use vinegar/water every time the boat comes out (sometimes 7 days a week in the summer.) Waxing that often I have almost given up on detail sprays. 303 is awesome for the seats. Makes them look and feel new.

They also sell microfiber towels and the jumbo size microfiber towels that are of great quality at a reasonable price. KC

Microfibertech.com has them cheaper. Looks like the same towel. (thanks Edwin!)

I use the 3M Marine wax when the boat is in the driveway. Haven't tried the Eagle One stuff, but have two bottles of it now and will be using it this season.

I have not used babe's yet, but have heard good things and am going to give them a try. Supposedly all new Malibus are coming with some samples and my dealer said they would get me some as well to try out...If it works as well as I have heard I will switch to it.

One thing NOT TO USE is Meguires vinyl/rubber cleaner/conditioner on your seats. I had a friend do this and it turned all the threads orangish.

I am happy my lake does not have a high mineral content. I only get waterspots if I don't wipe it down and if so they come off easily with some quick spray

You lucky. The delta is not bad, but later this year were going back to Havasu. Nice hard water. And this year, my baot has black in it and it will be moored a couple of nights. That should be interesting :)

Has anyone tried Babe's Boat care products?  I got a recommendation to check them out... 

JZ

I got a smallish bottle of both vinyl cleaner and boat cleaner/wax. I used the upholstery cleaner (seat soap) on a mysterious little black mark that appeared on my seat. I took a significant amount of elbow grease, brush and really hot water, but it did remove the spot. Haven't tried the cleaner/wax, but I will as soon as I can get my boat wet!

Come on sunshine!

• 3 years later...

We use Mr. Clean magic erasers on the seats, they don't harm the vinyl and are awesome at getting out the hard spots! Follow that up with a quick wipedown with 303 or Babe's and your seats look and feel new.

I also use McGuire's quick detailer as it is easy to find just about anywhere.

I have a chrome tower and the best thing I have found to clean it an keep it clean is something my dad uses on his fishing boat. (He lives in Charleston, SC) At the beginning of every season, he takes steel wool to all the chrome parts on his boat (dry) and scrubs them really good, then make sure you spray the boat down really well to prevent any rust spots, then clean it off with some windex for shine and finally wipe it down with a light coat of WD-40, I have never had a problem with my tower gleaming after this treatment.

I have been trying to dial in our system for inside/outside boat cleaning. Here is what I have been

doing this season. 3M wax on gelcoat. Wipe down with microfibre towel after each use and then every 3-4 times use the RainX Quick Wax. Seems like it works the same as other wet/dry quick waxes.

For the inside I bought some Exquisite Vinyl Cleaner and was really happy with they way it cleaned the vinyl, particularly when used with the included light duty scrub brush. I then used 3M vinyl spray conditioner, which again works well, but I am thinking about using Babe's instead because I still have some from the dealer!