Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Bad day on the water

georgia_dawgs08

So we get on the water today, and the first thing that goes wrong is a friend of the wife and I somehow figures out how to shatter the passanger side window. Never had this happen on any boat that I have ever been on. While we were picking up the glass so nobody would get cut, some drunk jacka$$ on a jet ski runs into the side of my boat, putting a nice tear in the new decal that was put on about four weeks ago. So I finally get ready to do some wakeboarding and for some reason that buddy I had pulling me managed to hit every speed between 12 mph and 30 mph while I was wakeboarding. The kind of day where you seriously consider never inviting any of those friends back out on your boat, I could pull my hair out right now....... Mad.gif

how did yall manage to shatter the window? i hope that drunk is paying for the damage....

Hope s/he was arrested, hands down.

The bimini top that I have is attached in the center to the railing on the window, a buddy pulled down on the bimini top while he was stepping of the back of the boat and it put too much pressure on the side glass and it shattered. As for the idiot on the jet ski, I know him from high school and when I find him he's going to pay for it, there is just no sense in being out on the river and being that irresponsible, lucky it was just my boat and not some kid who fell off a tube or wakeboard....

Not trying to say I told you so or anything like that....

One thing that I've learned over the years is that when something really bad goes wrong to start the day, it's almost always better to just pack it in & go home since it almost never improves from that point on. Good luck on the repairs as well as wringing the money out of the moron on the jetski.

If there is a shining light in this whole story. It is said that trouble comes in 3's.

Looks like you you are more than good for the remainder of the season.

With that being said, put that day in your rear view mirror, (get that clown to pay for the damage) and enjoy the rest of the summer!

Cheers!

Sorry for your day on the water...hopefully your bad luck is done for the season...

I have always wondered, how you run into another boat with a jetski...especially if you are going a decent speed, I don't get it...just don't get it...

and yes, I have plenty of experience running the jet skis!!!!!

----------------

Now playing: RJD2 - Ghostwriter

via FoxyTunes

Sorry for your day on the water...hopefully your bad luck is done for the season...

I have always wondered, how you run into another boat with a jetski...especially if you are going a decent speed, I don't get it...just don't get it...

and yes, I have plenty of experience running the jet skis!!!!!

----------------

Now playing: RJD2 - Ghostwriter

via FoxyTunes

I think alcohol probably had something to do with the idiot on the jet ski, but those were my thoughts exactly, I don't get it either....and hopefully it was the worst day I will have this year (today was much better)....and got to remember to get the upgraded gauge for the perfect pass so I can get that going again and a lot of the driving will take care of itself. I got one buddy that is a pretty good driver and I have always liked to have somebody up there that can adjust to what I want, but the rest of the morons just don't get it for some reason and have a really hard time mantaining one speed especially when the boat is loaded down with a lot of people.....anyway I just had to vent last night....appreciate the comments and hopes everyone has a better day than I had yesterday....

hey, sorry for the bad luck. if you happen to replace the whole window w/frame, Im in the marked for the center window hinge off the passanger side window frame. (assuming it was your passenger side that was shattered)

hey, sorry for the bad luck. if you happen to replace the whole window w/frame, Im in the marked for the center window hinge off the passanger side window frame. (assuming it was your passenger side that was shattered)

It wasn't that piece of glass that busted, on the older model boats if you remember the windshield is not a complete wraparound, there are two triangular pieces on either side, luckily I just have to get a new piece of glass cut for it the frame itself is fine.

OH MY,

Sounds like you might have been on the Flint??

Lots of S GA, N FL idiots like to frequent that river. Especially around the sandbar.

OH MY,

Lots of S GA, N FL idiots like to frequent that river. Especially around the sandbar.

Man you hit the nail on the head, we weren't around the sandbar, but it seems like every year things get worse and worse, there are all kinds of drunk idiots running up and down that river....but hey if you have any more recommendations about where else to go I would sure like to hear them. We usually go to Cherry Lake south of Quitman until it gets too crowded in the summer and it seems like the only smooth water we can find is at the river. You know its bad when people can guess where you are boating at just by a few bad stories...haha

OH MY,

Man you hit the nail on the head, we weren't around the sandbar, but it seems like every year things get worse and worse, there are all kinds of drunk idiots running up and down that river....but hey if you have any more recommendations about where else to go I would sure like to hear them. We usually go to Cherry Lake south of Quitman until it gets too crowded in the summer and it seems like the only smooth water we can find is at the river. You know its bad when people can guess where you are boating at just by a few bad stories...haha

With little to no fresh water around Tallahassee (Lake Jackson is still not full), I'm sure North FL is sending our fair share of less than safe boaters up there as well. I think I've seen the GA DNR boat once and they don't seem to be as aggressive aganist BWI as FL FWC. Just like you said you can usually find some smooth water on the river. We go several bends past the sandbar (down stream) before we even think about getting the toys wet. It is usually Me, the wife and two kids in a closed bow Response. White with red stripe. Give a holler. What kind of boat/color should I be looking out for?

You mentioned your friend hitting every speed except the one you wanted, do you have perfect pass? If not, get one !! It will save your marriage.

So we get on the water today, and the first thing that goes wrong is a friend of the wife and I somehow figures out how to shatter the passanger side window. Never had this happen on any boat that I have ever been on. While we were picking up the glass so nobody would get cut, some drunk jacka$$ on a jet ski runs into the side of my boat, putting a nice tear in the new decal that was put on about four weeks ago. So I finally get ready to do some wakeboarding and for some reason that buddy I had pulling me managed to hit every speed between 12 mph and 30 mph while I was wakeboarding. The kind of day where you seriously consider never inviting any of those friends back out on your boat, I could pull my hair out right now....... Mad.gif

Sorry about your bad day Dude,

I’ve got to agree with the “comes in threes” thing, you should be good for the season now as long as selective choices of crewmembers are kept in mind. Good luck on the decal money from the jet ski drunk.

Not sure about GA or FL or any other states for that matter regarding the alcohol laws, but here in Kentucky, I don’t think we have any public lake that is not in a dry county. Between water patrol, the Kentucky Fish and Wildlife dept. and the State Police, they all love to cuff & stuff any alcohol related offense on the water.

Nobody on board our vessel ever has a beer or anything to drink on the water, ever.

I don’t have any empathy for someone who endangers the well being of someone on board their boat or sharing the waterway with others while drinking & driving. It makes us smile when we see someone taken down from being drunk or having alcohol on the water. Around here they can get them for driving/operating while intoxicated, possession and public intoxication along with any other safety/water related violations, the authorities on our waterways can really rack up some charges on someone indulging on the water. Many of them certainly deserve it.

Many times, the State Police set up roadblocks on the main roads leading out of the boat ramps. Easy pickings’

OH MY,

With little to no fresh water around Tallahassee (Lake Jackson is still not full), I'm sure North FL is sending our fair share of less than safe boaters up there as well. I think I've seen the GA DNR boat once and they don't seem to be as aggressive aganist BWI as FL FWC. Just like you said you can usually find some smooth water on the river. We go several bends past the sandbar (down stream) before we even think about getting the toys wet. It is usually Me, the wife and two kids in a closed bow Response. White with red stripe. Give a holler. What kind of boat/color should I be looking out for?

You mentioned your friend hitting every speed except the one you wanted, do you have perfect pass? If not, get one !! It will save your marriage.

We usually go to the same area although I haven't been down that way yet this year. There is still quite a bit of debris in the river from that last flood so we went up where the current was a little bit stronger. We're in a blue and white Wakesetter with a black bimini top and we're usually over there on the weekends. You're right though, you usually don't even see the Georgia DNR until the 4th of July weekend and they never stop anybody unless they are really obviously doing anything wrong, never just checking for people that are BUI. I've got to get the upgrade and the gauge for the perfect pass and get it installed, but I've got to get the windshield replaced first. We'll be looking out for you when we're over there though, Take care.

Sorry about your bad day Dude,

I’ve got to agree with the “comes in threes” thing, you should be good for the season now as long as selective choices of crewmembers are kept in mind. Good luck on the decal money from the jet ski drunk.

Not sure about GA or FL or any other states for that matter regarding the alcohol laws, but here in Kentucky, I don’t think we have any public lake that is not in a dry county. Between water patrol, the Kentucky Fish and Wildlife dept. and the State Police, they all love to cuff & stuff any alcohol related offense on the water.

Nobody on board our vessel ever has a beer or anything to drink on the water, ever.

I don’t have any empathy for someone who endangers the well being of someone on board their boat or sharing the waterway with others while drinking & driving. It makes us smile when we see someone taken down from being drunk or having alcohol on the water. Around here they can get them for driving/operating while intoxicated, possession and public intoxication along with any other safety/water related violations, the authorities on our waterways can really rack up some charges on someone indulging on the water. Many of them certainly deserve it.

Many times, the State Police set up roadblocks on the main roads leading out of the boat ramps. Easy pickings’

Exactly, never have seen the appeal in going out on the lake or the river, getting sunburnt and wasted, and then waking up the next day feeling like you know what...

if things like that come in threes...

then the next bad thing is really the first of another set of three!

Wow, shattering the windshield, and being hit by another boater (kinda). That's worse than I've had for sure.