Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Soft cooler bag? (Malibu?)

Hi folks -- I'm looking to acquire a soft cooler bag to fit "under" the flip up passenger seat on my 04VLX -- any suggestions? I've looked at the search option, and I understand late model boats came with a bag that was standard -- would this work -- any idea on how I could purchase one?

We have a large soft cooler now in the rear locker -- but THANKS to D-goose I'm installing the tank buster soft tanks in the rear lockers and I need a replacement "can" holder -- I appreciate your thoughts, please let me know.

Regards, Olive

Don't know if these will work for your application but polarbearcoolers.com has a great product. No leaks and maintains ice well. They can also be personalized for a small fee :)

I was able to find two soft cooler bags (one for food & one for drinks) that fit into the space. They're actually about 1" taller than the Bu's ice chest, but being soft they still fit. One nice advantage of having two bags is that the cans don't smash all the sandwiches and snacks... Try Target or Walmart.

Hey that works! By the picture I'm assuming that this bag fits in the flip up seat behind the driver -- right? No dimensions on the site -- doe it hold 12 cans? Anybody have "leakage" issues -- or are the contained "ice packs" the way to go? Thanks "crew"... :)
Try this from the Bakes website:

http://www.bakesonline.com/detail.aspx?ID=1103

Wow, those guys have everything!

The soft Malibu bags definitely have leakage issues. Ice melts pretty quickly, leaks a lot, and it's tough to carry full of water. We started freezing all our bottled water & using that for ice instead. Keeps the mess to a minimum & when the "ice" melts, we have drinking water.

Don't know if these will work for your application but polarbearcoolers.com has a great product. No leaks and maintains ice well. They can also be personalized for a small fee :)

Plus1.gif I have one of these that we use in our cooler. Fits fine. 3 years and no issues what so ever.

I can personally say, that the cooler is awesome, I think i have filled the cooler with over 45 beers once and thats including ice. pretty durable as well. Although i have already trashed 1 due to excessive partying..

Plus1.gif Crewmember Woody has two of the Polarcoolers, those things work great!

American Outdoors www.aocoolers.com

They are bitchin

Funny you mention this one. I just recieved the backpack as a gift. Custom embroidered in bright red with AIRJUNKY across the front! It's definitely nice. I haven't even had a chance to use it yet.

backpac.l.jpg

Pretty incredible warranty too:

Our Guarantee Covers:

* The Liner: If it ever leaks we will replace it

* The Zipper: If it ever tears or breaks we will replace it (this does NOT include the side pocket zippers, just the zipper at the top of the cooler)

The soft Malibu bags definitely have leakage issues. Ice melts pretty quickly, leaks a lot, and it's tough to carry full of water. We started freezing all our bottled water & using that for ice instead. Keeps the mess to a minimum & when the "ice" melts, we have drinking water.

I have a variation on that theme. In the summer Costco has "Mike's Hard Lemonade" in plastic bottles. We freeze those babies and use them as auxilliary ice. Whats great is about noon or so the Mike's becomes a "Slushy". Cannot be beat when it's 85+ and sunny.

Another vouch for http://www.aocoolers.com/. Pricey but worth it.

I have an Offroad 36 pack cooler. The exterior is made of the vinyl material like the Fly High sacks.

I also have a Boat 24 pack cooler The exterior is more like a regular backpack nylon.

I would love to get the Backpack cooler like Airjunky has. That's next on the list.

Edited by jimw

Hmm. I'll keep an eye on mine, but I used it this past weekend without any problems at all. Kept ice for ~24 hrs, the beers were nice n' cold...Of course, it got down in the 40s at night, so the camping was a bit rough and that probably helped with the ice, but I was pleased.

Plus1.gif Crewmember Woody has two of the Polarcoolers, those things work great!

We have used them for 2+ years and have never had a problem. They are a little pricey, but they never leak and are very durable. However, it will not fit under the flip up seat when stuffed full of ice and drinks, but it does fit nicely in the walkway.

Hi folks -- I'm looking to acquire a soft cooler bag to fit "under" the flip up passenger seat on my 04VLX -- any suggestions? I've looked at the search option, and I understand late model boats came with a bag that was standard -- would this work -- any idea on how I could purchase one?

We have a large soft cooler now in the rear locker -- but THANKS to D-goose I'm installing the tank buster soft tanks in the rear lockers and I need a replacement "can" holder -- I appreciate your thoughts, please let me know.

Regards, Olive

We have two of the Malibu coolers. Works ok for those couple hour trips, but we tend to not use it that much. It's a little heavy when full and does not keep things really cold.

Although pricey, Engel Ultra Cool coolers are the best I've ever owned.

• 1 year later...

We got the polar bear cooler 48 pk. Awesome cooler. Only problem is that it is so big and hold so much that its heavy as hell! Absolutely waterproof and thick insulation so it keeps stuff cold.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Anyone know if the 36 or 48 pack AO pack will fit in the cooler bin on an 08VLX

Dimensions: 21"x10"x12" or 21"x13"x13"

Which size did you get? I believe 36 pack AO will fit because of the height..

I've had my three polarbear coolers for three years and they are awesome. They come in a variety of sizes to fit under the seats. We accidently tumbled one down the hill and it didn't even spill any water/ice out of the zipper.

If you buy any soft side cooler just be careful about cramming to many bottles in them, the caps may scratch or poke the lining.

Which size did you get? I believe 36 pack AO will fit because of the height..

Still waiting on a response before I purchase, been using 2 small 12 pack coolers for now instead of my malibu bag.. need to get my lazy a** down to the dock and measure it.