Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Need to borrow a MEFI 4 scan tool

Hi guys I know this might be a long shot but I’m wondering if anyone has a MEFI 4 scan tool I can borrow?

I can pay for the shipping and we can work out a fee to borrow the equipment (if needed). I have an idle surging problem on my monsoon 340 and I want to get a scan tool to see what is going on. I have looked online and a lot of the scanners are real expensive for this module. I found one for $200 but it seemed limited in it’s functionality. It seemed I would need to shell out at least $600 to get a decent scan tool for this ECM.

Here is a link to my other post about the surging problem... if anyone has ideas.

http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index....showtopic=20329

Thanks,

Dustin

Have you spoken to a dealer about this yet? I'm pretty sure if you do a search, you will find plenty of info on this problem.

If I remember correctly, Malibu has a patch for the ECM that fixes this problem.

Do some searches and call the dealer.

Yeah bro,

Why spend $600 on something you might not ever use again?

Unless you don't have a dealer anywhere around you, I'd just take the boat in. Might be a $100 fix.

There is a patch that fixes this surging problem? What year of boats are affected? Do you have any more info about this?

As far as the scanner... I'm one of those do it yourself kina guys. Won’t shell out the $600 (I might shell out $200) for a scanner but I wouldn’t mind borrowing one instead.

Here is a link to my surging problem.

http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index....showtopic=20329