Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

a different Rlxi windshield

LXIONE

Doh, had a brain cramp, I think you're right on the year Jerry. I remember a lot of you guys arguing with Tom about the windshield around the time that I ordered the yellow boat which was around the time of the boat shows in early '04. I remember the windshield issue specifically because we were looking at the RLXI originally & one of the things that I noticed was that my head hit it when I sat in the observer's seat, & there was a big discussion about it at the time on MBO (nothing better to do in February I suppose :)).

hi guys

as an aussie from all the way "down under" as you guys like to say just thought i could add on this one.

things are done pretty tightly in terms of specs and keeping everything the same over here. we even have to import the vinyl, most of the fiberglass and resins as the quality is just not the same down under. when i think about it just about everything is brought over and just assembled here.

dont think its likley that windshields are different although i see what you mean with the second photo. i know mine doesnt look like that and looks more 'normal' to every yanky produced bu RLXi ive seen.

as for our trailers well i think ours (easy tow they are called) are better than your boatmates and the other main brand. saw a modified boatmate at the melbourne boatshow with a 24ft supra plonked all over it. nice boat but the trailers look no where near as strong and durable as ours. but i dont own one and im sure they are great trailers thats just my opinion

on the subject of 24 ft'ers we dont have WS LSV's or sunscapes made here. majority of boaters think that VLX's are just way to big and should be banned, but thats another story! Mad.gifROFL.gif

ive talked enough

thats my .02 AUS $ Cheers.gif