Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

bolts in panel rotate!

Guys...I am so frustrated. Anyone have an answer to rotating bolts in side panel? Reached under gunnel wall panels to pull the nut off and remove panel so I could install new netting...2 of the first 4 bolts just rotate with the nut...god that pisses me off...

Could you grip the very end of the bolt with vice grips (without marring the threads) and loosen the nut with an open ended wrench? Don't know how you're gonna re-install though.

To take Pistol Pete's suggestion one step further. If I remember correctly the bolts are fairly long and if they are an alternative to vice grips would be to use the two nuts that you could remove from the other bolts. Put both of the nuts on towards the end of the bolt and tighten them against each other. You should be able to use the outside nut (the one at the end of the bolt) to keep the bolt from spinning while you loosen the nut holding the panel on. It's a bit of a pain but I doubt you will have to worry about damaging the bolt with this method.

Could you grip the very end of the bolt with vice grips (without marring the threads) and loosen the nut with an open ended wrench? Don't know how you're gonna re-install though.
To take Pistol Pete's suggestion one step further. If I remember correctly the bolts are fairly long and if they are an alternative to vice grips would be to use the two nuts that you could remove from the other bolts. Put both of the nuts on towards the end of the bolt and tighten them against each other. You should be able to use the outside nut (the one at the end of the bolt) to keep the bolt from spinning while you loosen the nut holding the panel on. It's a bit of a pain but I doubt you will have to worry about damaging the bolt with this method.

just cut them off.. go to Lowes and by 2 more for a buck....

wow...the two nuts idea sounds innovative...besides, everyone knows two nuts is better than one~ I will try it...

If I cut the nut off bro, I would have no way to put a new bolt in...there is no access from the other side unless I pull the panel apart...

As it is, I have begun trying to staple it in and I think I can make it work on this panel. I will try the two nut suggestion on the other panel if I cant pull it off...