Sign in to follow this  
noodleski

adding Maliview to my '07

noodleski

I haven't logged in in awhile, so I apologize if this has been asked.....

My 2007 VLX will be paid for in the coming months. I don't really want another boat payment! (so I am not motivated to trade it in for a new one)

But. I would like the Maliview. Does anyone know if the Maliview can be added to my '07?

thanks

CedarLakeSkier
I haven't logged in in awhile, so I apologize if this has been asked.....

My 2007 VLX will be paid for in the coming months. I don't really want another boat payment! (so I am not motivated to trade it in for a new one)

But. I would like the Maliview. Does anyone know if the Maliview can be added to my '07?

thanks

Nope, can't be added to an '08 either. I think I heard there is a new ECM.

See what skicrave says in the next post...

Edited by CedarLakeSkier

skicrave

It can be added to an '08, but can not be added to anything earlier. The reason is the upgraded computer that is a part of the MUX switch system. It is capable of driving the Viper (Malivu), but the MMDC used on '07 and earlier boats is not.

CRASH

Also at this point there is not a kit forsale to buy. The kits our used for dealers to get rid of 08s to make room for 09s :)

skicrave

Good add!

noodleski

thanks guys

it's kinda frustrating. I can't add the CATS to my '07 HammerHead or the Maliview to my dash

I guess at some point (if I can justify the expense), I might be trading up :unsure:

skicrave

Well, theoretically you could add them (if Malibu would sell you the parts, which I doubt they will), but when you factor in everything that you would need, it would be WAY more expensive to retrofit than to upgrade to a new boat.