Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Vdrive whine in reverse

dirtysparks

Hi, new Malibu owner here. Searched for awhile on the site to see if my symptoms had been discussed before, but had limited success.

I had the boat out for the first time this weekend and just wanted to make sure it was ok for the vdrive to make a significantly louder whine, for lack of a better word, when in reverse. Everything is smooth, it just makes a different noise in reverse. I've read that the hurth trannys have this symptom. I don't remember my buddy's X1 making that noise in reverse though....

Thanks!

Mine does that also, most i have been in do that. some louder then others, check your fluids just to be sure though.

Great, thanks! Now I just need to find my wiring issue Dontknow.gif Think I've got a touchy kill switch that needs replacement.

Great, thanks! Now I just need to find my wiring issue Dontknow.gif Think I've got a touchy kill switch that needs replacement.

You may just need to replace the red plastic thing-ey (Bugs Bunny-ism...) I had one get dis formed and had to replace it after it would cut out while under way...

I got a replacement @ West Marine.

Good luck!

Patrick