Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Closeout store??

lxirod

Hey Bu crew how are things?? Long time I havent checked in.

As some of you may know, I opened a small shop to compliment my boat sales last summer. Boats sales we pretty good for a 1 man show, but decided not to order any boats this year unless someone buys it first. The lease expired on my store and was not offered a renewal. Honeslty probably would not have renewed with the state of the ecomony anyway.

I moved all the inventory into a my warehouse and set up a make shift store to unload the left over merchandise. Well things have been going pretty well and running low on gear. I belive this is due to the fact that Copes is gone. So with that I am considering keeping the shop open in the warehouse. With the way the econmy is and evrybody wanting a deal, I was thinking maybe focusing on closeouts and last years stuff only. What do you guys think????

As some of you may know, I opened a small shop to compliment my boat sales last summer. Boats sales we pretty good for a 1 man show, but decided not to order any boats this year unless someone buys it first. The lease expired on my store and was not offered a renewal. Honeslty probably would not have renewed with the state of the ecomony anyway.

I moved all the inventory into a my warehouse and set up a make shift store to unload the left over merchandise. Well things have been going pretty well and running low on gear. I belive this is due to the fact that Copes is gone. So with that I am considering keeping the shop open in the warehouse. With the way the econmy is and evrybody wanting a deal, I was thinking maybe focusing on closeouts and last years stuff only. What do you guys think????

I never buy water toys and gear full price.

I don't really care if it is last years model, I don't need the latest graphics or technology.

I am willing to bet a lot of people fall into that category, so in that regards it shouldn't be a problem. Can you keep up enough volume to make it worthwhile?

i have little to no overhead. we already own the warehouse and do not plan on putting any money into it. this is a side business and do not need to live off the income. a little extra $$ is always nice though.

I don't really care if it is last years model, I don't need the latest graphics or technology.

I am willing to bet a lot of people fall into that category, so in that regards it shouldn't be a problem. Can you keep up enough volume to make it worthwhile?

I, unfortunately, fall into that category even if I'm buying a loaf of bread!!

If it's something you enjoy doing in your spare time and it gets you out of the house, go for it, BTW what you sellin??

Agree. Would buy product regardless of year if it is good product and I need/want it.

Huge number of stores selling some outdated or overstock gear, it would be nice to have a Superstore for surplus gear. I think you could have a really big business if done properly. I think a good website with details inventory would move lots of merchandise.

Huge number of stores selling some outdated or overstock gear, it would be nice to have a Superstore for surplus gear. I think you could have a really big business if done properly. I think a good website with details inventory would move lots of merchandise.

The idea so far is to sell last year/closeout/overstock wakeboards and bindings by Hyperlite, Ronix, Gator, Slingshot and Liquid Force.I will carry current year Company boards and bindigns. I will carry vests, ropes , handles, and apparell by 10-80.

I will be open Thursday-Saturday 10-6pm. Located AT 4410 Yankee Hill Road, Rocklin

If you want a quick easy web store - you might give e-bay a try. It takes a little work - but you can sell more - ebay is also nice because it will show you the true 'market' price of just about anything (the price someone is willing to pay).

• 4 weeks later...

Do you still have this going? I responded to your ad on Craiglist because I recognize the street...I work 2-3 minutes down the road and I'm looking for some wakeboard ropes...

• 2 weeks later...

Make it happen, make online sales happen, make all of us that are ok with lower prices for last years gear happy. I approve.

• 3 weeks later...

was wondering if you are still selling gear? and if so how do I contact you to see what you have? I also live in Rocklin and used to go to Cope and McPheters.