Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Just got a new stick

rushman

I am a barefooter 1st and foremost and slalom skier second. But I have wanted to get a new slalom ski for a while now to be "updated" and want to slalom more now. I couldn't pass up a deal at a local store that was having a blowout sale. I ended up with a new Connelly Concept with Dbl Fastback boots, 67". Before this I skied on a Obrien Rumour Comp that I bought back in 1995, I think. I know I probably should try a ski before I buy it but I tried my buddy's F1X last year and figured this should be similar. Any thoughts on this. Regardless, I couldn't turn down the deal... Ended up coming out of the store with a new Kayak, double tube and a bunch of summer clothes too.

i have a '06 concept i believe and it is a pretty fast ski. it hooks pretty good but it definetly doesnt like the slightest bit of chop.

I am a barefooter 1st and foremost and slalom skier second. But I have wanted to get a new slalom ski for a while now to be "updated" and want to slalom more now. I couldn't pass up a deal at a local store that was having a blowout sale. I ended up with a new Connelly Concept with Dbl Fastback boots, 67". Before this I skied on a Obrien Rumour Comp that I bought back in 1995, I think. I know I probably should try a ski before I buy it but I tried my buddy's F1X last year and figured this should be similar. Any thoughts on this. Regardless, I couldn't turn down the deal... Ended up coming out of the store with a new Kayak, double tube and a bunch of summer clothes too.

Did you go to the Joe's Outdoor Sports goinmg out of business sale?... Whistling.gif

I have skied on many different skis and keep going back to the concept. It seems to be the best all around ski. I have the exact same setup as you and I disagree with the ski not liking the chop. It handles great in all conditions. I am also a barefooter first but when there is no glass I don't want to jsut sit in the boat so I pull out the ski. About 7 years ago I ran my personal best of 28 off at 34mph and it was on the concept at the time. Last year I got back into skiing again and ran 22 off at 34 which I was happy with.

Not my dilemma is when the fog is rolling off the glass in the morning I cannot decide whether to put the suit on or carve with the ski. You will not be dissapointed with the concept. My only complaint about it is that it is heavier than most others I have skied but it does hold the turn.

I have skied on many different skis and keep going back to the concept. It seems to be the best all around ski. I have the exact same setup as you and I disagree with the ski not liking the chop. It handles great in all conditions. I am also a barefooter first but when there is no glass I don't want to jsut sit in the boat so I pull out the ski. About 7 years ago I ran my personal best of 28 off at 34mph and it was on the concept at the time. Last year I got back into skiing again and ran 22 off at 34 which I was happy with.

Not my dilemma is when the fog is rolling off the glass in the morning I cannot decide whether to put the suit on or carve with the ski. You will not be dissapointed with the concept. My only complaint about it is that it is heavier than most others I have skied but it does hold the turn.

Wedge,

You sound exactly like me. When the water's there for footing, I'm footing. But when the wind comes up a bit and turns the water to S**t for footing, I have been told by my wife (drives the boat for me most of the time) I HAVE TO change my mindset and shut up about the water and the weather and quit bitching..."you're at the cottage, you jerk" Cry.gif

The problem is, she is exactly right. Therefore the reason for my new ski and I am pretty sure I am going to like skiing all over again. I never stopped liking skiing, just am SOOO adicted to barefooting. Thanks for your comments on the ski.

Kevin