Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

First One foot toe hold

barefootski

I was at Keith St. Onge's Barefoot Ski school last week for three days. I initially went in 2007 and decided to return this year. I had a great time! I skied with an eight year old from Chetek, Wisconsin, he was awesome but he has been skiing since age 3, his dad is an excellent skier also! I was able to do a one foot toe hold, this picture is my first attempt so it does not look like both hands are off of the handle but they were. I was able to hold it much longer the following day but I did not take a picture. I do have a shoe ski on but that is how Keith wanted me to learn first before attempting barefoot.

I'm ready for some warmer weather now!

post-2063-1241447644_thumb.jpg

No, Keith no longer has the Mastercraft. According to him, Mastercraft pulled all of their professional sponsorships and boats including the wakeboarders, I guess it is a sign of the current financial situation. I looked on the Mastercraft web site and I could not find a section with the pros listed like there was previously and like on the Malibu web site. We skied using a Sanger DXII with a Proflight tower, I don't know the model year of the boat. He also has two older model Barefoot Sanger outboards that will be used in the future. The Sanger was nice but I will keep my current 06 RLXi.

While Keith would never say this, I'm sure he doesn't mind skiing the sanger instead of the MC!

"Driver, can you speed up".."no, we're tapped out"..."how fast is that?"..."41"....hahaha

Congrats on your first front toe. It's not a whole lot different on your feet, so dial it in on the shoes and go for it. Remember always do the reverse after the basic or even before so you get comfortable doing both. Can't wait to see the toe up

Thanks to all!

rushman, I hear what you are saying, Keith usually works on the weak side first but the picture that I enclosed is my strong side as I am right side/right leg dominant. I will have to go back to KSO's school to get some instruction on the toe up but I will be sure to take a picture when it occurs.

Thanks to all!

rushman, I hear what you are saying, Keith usually works on the weak side first but the picture that I enclosed is my strong side as I am right side/right leg dominant. I will have to go back to KSO's school to get some instruction on the toe up but I will be sure to take a picture when it occurs.

Hey barefoot ski,

Are you the same barefootski on the ABC forum learning the Backdeep??? If so, did Keith help you out with those?

rushman,

No, I am not on the ABC forum, it is someone else. Keith did one of my sets learning the back deep, it is not my favorite so I wanted to work on other things but it went much better than when I tried the back deep when I was at his school in 2007. Once your realize that you take about as much water on the back deep as compared to the front deep, it makes it easier at least it did for me. He had me practice the basic position at a low rate of speed, just enough to have your body on plane and your head and face out of the water. Then I would practice placing each foot in the water while the other was on the rope, then we would place both feet into the water at the same time. We did not try to get up on a back deep yet but I will likely practice the back deep more during this summer.

Well done Dr Mike! I used to love watching Tom Sawyer foot when we'd get out...those back deeps on the boom were boat soakers for sure :)