Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Cover Recomendations - Flightcraft Sportster

chevyspy

Looking for a little help. I have a 1994 Malibu Flightcraft Sportster inboard boat (I believe it is the same or similar to the SV 23 hull). The cover is original (if you can believe that), I am needing a new one really bad. Rather then have a local shop do a custom one for me and have to bring the boat to them, I am wondering if anyone has had luck buying pre-made covers from places like Overton's or something. I'm a little skeptical about ordering until I hear some good stories. Any help would be appreciated.

I recently got a Carver custom fit cover. I never took my boat there, because they already have the patterns for just about every boat (including ALL Malibu's). The fabric choice I made was Sunbrella (Pacific Blue), and I couldn't be happier with the fit and integrity of all the double + stitched, 4 ply seams. I really liked how they attached all the tiedowns to the cover. This one is considered a "towing cover", and I have already towed it all over with no problems at all. It's the strongest cover I've ever owned.

BTW, I bought this Carver cover because the factory cover tore itself to pieces while on the road. My Carver is rock solid and does not luft (of course it's Sumbrella too).....

I had a 95' wellcraft 21 footer that I bought a cover from Cabelas for. It worked great for about 2 years and then got a little brittle and tore. Not too bad considering it was about $100 and had a 5 year warranty.

Not sure where you live but it would probably last longer anywhere other than phoenix. The sun is pretty brutal out here

If you want it to fit really good I would have your local shop do the work. It may cost a bit more but if you have a problem you can take it back and have them fix it.

I don't think any one has anything bad to say about Cory's Evolution covers, I know I love mine!!! Thumbup.gif

Cory-(425) 478-2043

My Evolution (sunbrella) cover just arrived....looks great, custom fit is great, no poles needed....very pleased!!

(also is a good incentive to become a Crew Supporter Whistling.gif )

I don't think any one has anything bad to say about Cory's Evolution covers, I know I love mine!!! Thumbup.gif

Cory-(425) 478-2043

My Evolution (sunbrella) cover just arrived....looks great, custom fit is great, no poles needed....very pleased!!

(also is a good incentive to become a Crew Supporter Whistling.gif )

Plus1.gif

• 1 month later...

I have an Evolution cover on my 06 RLXI. Nice cover. Spoke at length with Cory about a cover for a Flightcraft but he indicated he did not have too many patterns for the earlier Malibus. Went with skiboatcovers.com for my Flightcraft and I am very happy with it. Very well priced too! I would have bought the Evo cover if he had the pattern but the logistics of long distance boat cover fitting is a bit much. Hope this helps!

MMF