Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Boat lift opinion on 2000 VLX

nvip9r

Looking for some advice. I posted up on Wakeworld too, but no real hits. Since it is a new to me 2000 VLX Wakesetter, figured look for some opinions in the BU community.

I am looking for a lift for my boat. I came across two good priced ones. An older Shorestation 5500lb, that looks like it could lift a house, vertical lift, everything in good to great shape, might need a new cable, others were replaced last Spring. Or a Alumidock 4500lb Cantilever lift, this lift is like brand new with a new cable not even installed yet. Since they are similarly priced right, wondering if any opinions. I am leaning towards teh Alumidock one due to being like brand new and lighter than the Shorestation. But since not much info on the Alumidock was wondering peoples ideas.

Thanks again for your time and opinions....

Nick

Here is a link to the wakeworld post...hoep that is ok...but it has a pic of the Shorestation...not pics of the Alumidock one yet...

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/message...html?1241383102

If you had ever changed a cable on a verticle you wouldn't ask this question. They can be a real pain in the butt. Cantilever lifts are the simplest, most straight forward designed and easily serviced. They work great. Also, if you have to put it in and out of the lake seasonally you want a lift that isn't any heavier than it needs to be. Just my 2 cents.

I went with the vertical lift because. It works in shallow water. It lifts the boat higher out of the water. It lifts the boat in 1/2 the time. and if you change the cable once Its not bad. I did mine in the water.

I also had to deal with the front of my lift sits in 15" of water the back is in 5' 5" of water. Dontknow.gif