Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

rpm wire for DBW perfect pass?

Anybody know which is the wire for the rpm input to the DBW perfect pass module? Some info says it is the white can anybody confirm?

Thanks.

Anybody know which is the wire for the rpm input to the DBW perfect pass module? Some info says it is the white can anybody confirm?

Thanks.

Im pretty sure its the gray from the 4 pin connector at the helm.

But I have also seen it listed as white which comes from the 16 pin ECM connection.

What do you need it for?

Heres a way to find out. If you can, unplug the Engine harness from the PP module. Pin #9 should be RPM. If its white, it runs all the way back to the 16 pin connector at the ECM and if its gray it goes about 16inches to a 4 pin connector under the hem.

Here is some literature to confirm, http://perfectpass.com/troubleshooting/Tro..._Malibu2007.pdf

Edited by zad0030

Thanks.

But I have also seen it listed as white which comes from the 16 pin ECM connection.

What do you need it for?

Heres a way to find out. If you can, unplug the Engine harness from the PP module. Pin #9 should be RPM. If its white, it runs all the way back to the 16 pin connector at the ECM and if its gray it goes about 16inches to a 4 pin connector under the hem.

Here is some literature to confirm, http://perfectpass.com/troubleshooting/Tro..._Malibu2007.pdf

Thank-you for the quick response I will check it out and post what I find. I need an analog RPM signal for an HSE volume control unit. I don't want to run all the way back to the grey wire at the engine if possible.

thanks

Thanks.

What do you need it for?

Thank-you for the quick response I will check it out and post what I find. I need an analog RPM signal for an HSE volume control unit. I don't want to run all the way back to the grey wire at the engine if possible.

thanks

Found it!!! It was the grey wire out of 9 running to the 4 pin. No need to run a wire back to the engine.

Thanks again

Thanks.

What do you need it for?

thanks

Found it!!! It was the grey wire out of 9 running to the 4 pin. No need to run a wire back to the engine.

Thanks again

Hey thats great.

Its no problem and im glad you found it! Thumbup.gif

Thanks.

What do you need it for?

thanks

Thanks again

Hey thats great.

Its no problem and im glad you found it! Thumbup.gif

Perfect pass also sent an email early this morning confirming the connection. Thanks for all the help. Maybe now I will get to hear the stereo when I get to try the handle Yahoo.gif