Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Tower mounted anchor light

Faceplant409

I need to buy that light and rig it on my Illusion-X. One thing I really miss from my Supra is the tower-mounted light. I'm kinda miffed my newer Malibu still has the lame light you stick up in the back.

I would agree that the 'highest point' is not likely to be inforced as the top of the tower. The only thing I would worry about is if you have wakeboards, skis, etc on the tower that would significantly obstruct the view of a light pole.

Only then could I see an infraction be possible.

• 1 month later...
Used my battery powered tower nav light last weekend.. it worked GREAT - and in the dark, you don't see, care, or notice, that it is a bit ugly ;)

It was solid and plenty bright - and was as simple as fishing it out from under the seat, pushing the button to turn it on, and placing it on the tow pylon on the tower..

UPDATE UPDATE

So you think its ugly? What do you and other think it would take to make it look sweet.

I'm thinking of having it in a crome case and so that you still could ride behind the boat.

I think Ryan E's looks good painted all black. But what would make it look slamming hot.

PS yes I will still have the flag up so it can light it up :biggrin:

Wal-Mart. it's an Attwood 3999-7. comes with several bases & adapters for vertical or horizontal mounting on round or flat surfaces. the light was originally 12" tall, but I cut it shorter to fit between the bars.

this reminds me that I actually have an extra one that is complete except for the horizontal mount that you see in the pics. the first mount was broken by one of my idiot friends, and I couldn't find it separate from the kit. PM me if you're interested and we can work something out.

Trace thanks for the info. I"m thinking of going the other way because I want to light up my flag. :yahoo: