Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Hour meter that logs actual running hours?

I'm looking for the type of hour meter that starts working when it detects spark from your ignition system. I know I've read about them in one of the posts but I can't remember what they are called to do the proper search. Searching hour meter isn't getting me anywhere either. Anyone out there know what that type is called? Best kind to get?

You could take a regular hour meter & run the meter ground wire through a normally open oil pressure switch. A 10psi switch would work well. Get oil pressure , the switch closes & the meter runs.

Why is this not standard on all boats? Dontknow.gif Because the manufacturer wants out of the warranty as quickly as possible? :Doh: