Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Large Titan rubber screw

chathamsolutions

Trailering back from lake Trinity yesterday, I lost the large rubber screw that holds the two Titan bars together. It has brass threads to facilitate it holding fast, and to not fall out.

- obviously that doesn't work well.

This is the second time I've lost one. Both times I was towing with a cover on - long distance. I forgot to pull it down before trailering.

Titan charges $10.00 for the plug and $10.00 for shipping.

I was hoping someone had an extra they wanted to send me? Happy to pay $10 for it, But a decent rate for shipping would be nice. Instead of the ridiculous $10.00.

Thanks,

Andy

Trailering back from lake Trinity yesterday, I lost the large rubber screw that holds the two Titan bars together. It has brass threads to facilitate it holding fast, and to not fall out.

- obviously that doesn't work well.

This is the second time I've lost one. Both times I was towing with a cover on - long distance. I forgot to pull it down before trailering.

Titan charges $10.00 for the plug and $10.00 for shipping.

I was hoping someone had an extra they wanted to send me? Happy to pay $10 for it, But a decent rate for shipping would be nice. Instead of the ridiculous $10.00.

Thanks,

Andy

since you have lost two you will probably lose another so order two so you have a spare then the shipping is $5.00 each Whistling.gifWhistling.gif

I had the bolt before, and it stripped out and became sealed with the melted rubber, I will never go back. I do have the handscrew and it does become loose everytime we use the boat. I have just gotten used to checking it steadily and always re-tightening it, especially when trailering to/fro,

This a good reminder though, I should order some spares as we have had it fall out many time into the boat while pulling someone, thank God for that pin!

Gotcha covered bro!!

Pick one......only if this will cancel out the shoes-in-the-boat thing!!!!

PM me with your shipping addy.

You still got my #??? I think I missplaced yours......

Pat

Edited by Faceplant409

Sweet.

I'll call you tomorrow Pat.

OK, this will definately cancel out any shoes in my boat.

Where did you get the steel ones? What size are they? That would be good info to have here.

• 1 year later...

Just an update. Pat sent me one of the knogs shown above, a while ago. I used it, but then it started to rust.

I brushed it with rust inhibitor, then dipped it to match the reuben on my boat and the reuben cans on my tower.

Thanks again Pat for the screw set up, it's never backed out like the Titan one did.

post-9-1160885869_thumb.jpg

FYI -

I got a PM from Titan.

They read the thread and are working to rectify the problem. Then they offered to send me a knob.

Thanks Titan! Your OEM stuff is first rate.

FYI -

I got a PM from Titan.

They read the thread and are working to rectify the problem. Then they offered to send me a knob.

Thanks Titan! Your OEM stuff is first rate.

Impressive.

Just an update. Pat sent me one of the knogs shown above, a while ago. I used it, but then it started to rust.

I brushed it with rust inhibitor, then dipped it to match the reuben on my boat and the reuben cans on my tower.

Thanks again Pat for the screw set up, it's never backed out like the Titan one did.

post-9-1160885869_thumb.jpg

I guess you could say I screwed 'ya??? Bolted would be a better term....

Glad I could help! :)

P

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks JC.

I actually got a replacement from Titan - and a free T-shirt :)

Pat's, shown above, has been a great one though. It doesn't want to come out. At the end of a long tow it's come out a bit, but only 1/2 a thread turn. Unlike the Titan, which simply would disapear. Hopefully the new one will be better.

I'm glad Titan took care of you. I had the same problem repeatedly, so I ordered a longer knob from McMaster, drilled a hole through the end and put a pin on a lanyard through it (the same as the tow spool safety pin).

• 6 months later...
Sorry, unfortunately I don't...

I had the same issue with the Titan rubber screw the first day I trailered by boat home from the dealer. I was lucky since I was trailering with no cover and it dropped down inside the boat. The fix I did has worked great since. I drilled a hole at the edge of the rubber screw so that I could slide a zip tie through it and then ran that through the safety chain of the tower. It could still loosen up, but it will never spin out. Since then though it has not moved.

Whistling.gif