Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Rip in seat

I have a small rip in my seats and was wondering if anyone had some experience with these sort of glue products, and which one they thought was the best. thanks.

I have a small rip in my seats and was wondering if anyone had some experience with these sort of glue products, and which one they thought was the best. thanks.

Have a professional do the repair or it will never even come close to looking right. Unless you've done several it's worth the reletively small cost associated with the repair.

My Bu dealer set me up with http://www.colorglo.com/ I used them for a repair next to the seam. He kept telling me I'd see the fix since it was next to the seam. He said that if it was in the middle you would not be able to tell. When he was done I could not see it at all. Had to use him again when I got in a hurry and had the rear doors open and tried to back into the boat. I gave him the torn door over the winter season and again I can't tell where they are. Between the two repairs I only spent $110. It's worth it for the professional. I would double check with your Bu dealer. I guess even withing color Glo you can get a bad person. You may have to search another territory. It turns out the rep near our cabin was not very good but the rep near our home was very good.

Have a professional do the repair or it will never even come close to looking right. Unless you've done several it's worth the reletively small cost associated with the repair.

Plus1.gif

Go to your local car dealer and ask who does thier vinyl repair. If the guys good people will never know that you had a rip/tear.

My Bu dealer set me up with http://www.colorglo.com/ I used them for a repair next to the seam. He kept telling me I'd see the fix since it was next to the seam. He said that if it was in the middle you would not be able to tell. When he was done I could not see it at all. Had to use him again when I got in a hurry and had the rear doors open and tried to back into the boat. I gave him the torn door over the winter season and again I can't tell where they are. Between the two repairs I only spent $110. It's worth it for the professional. I would double check with your Bu dealer. I guess even withing color Glo you can get a bad person. You may have to search another territory. It turns out the rep near our cabin was not very good but the rep near our home was very good.

Plus1.gif

The local colorglo guy is who my dealer uses. When I had a small tear in the vinyl, I called him up and he came to the house for the repair. You can't even see it unless you really know just where to look, and even then it is difficult to see. I was very happy with the repair.