Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Dual Battery 1 or Both?

I have the dual battery selector switch. My dealer said it is better to run with them in the all position continuously versus battery 1 or 2.

If I were floating at night with accent lights or radio I would figure to just use one to keep the other as a startup in case of a complete drain.

Do most people leave them in the all position or switch periodically from #1 to #2?

Similiary, does it matter if the batteries are slightly different amperage (800amp@0/1000amp@32 versus 875/1000)?

Select ALL to charge both batteries

Select 2 when your floating

Select 1 to start when battery 2 is dead from floating

Then select All or 2 to charge up when cruising.

I have the dual battery selector switch. My dealer said it is better to run with them in the all position continuously versus battery 1 or 2.

If I were floating at night with accent lights or radio I would figure to just use one to keep the other as a startup in case of a complete drain.

Do most people leave them in the all position or switch periodically from #1 to #2?

Similiary, does it matter if the batteries are slightly different amperage (800amp@0/1000amp@32 versus 875/1000)?

If you have an ACR installed with a 3 position perko you can leave the switch in the #1 position all the time and it will charge the #2 battery. If battery bank #1 dies you throw the switch to the #2 position.

If you have an ACR installed with a 3 position perko you can leave the switch in the #1 position all the time and it will charge the #2 battery. If battery bank #1 dies you throw the switch to the #2 position.

It is the factory installed switch with the common hot and a Battery 1 or Battery 2 or All position.

I was not aware that it would charge either battery without being in the All position though.

It's not a big deal, I'm just wanting to try and help improve both battey lives by not completly draining either because those large charge swings shorten the life so much.

It is the factory installed switch with the common hot and a Battery 1 or Battery 2 or All position.

I was not aware that it would charge either battery without being in the All position though.

It's not a big deal, I'm just wanting to try and help improve both battey lives by not completly draining either because those large charge swings shorten the life so much.

The ACR is separate from the Perko switch. You can install it separately and not have to worry about switching anything, that's what I did and never looked back makes life much simpler.

The ACR is separate from the Perko switch. You can install it separately and not have to worry about switching anything, that's what I did and never looked back makes life much simpler.

ACR? Not sure what that is. Is it expensive or hard to install?